Tax Compliance Analyst - APAC
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Our business is growing rapidly and we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities.
We're on the hunt for a passionate and talented Tax Compliance Analyst with a strong APAC region tax compliance background who would be part of our international tax team located in Singapore, reporting to the APAC Tax Compliance Manager. Besides assisting with our ever-growing indirect tax compliance obligations globally for our APAC region entities (ex India), this role is positioned for growth as our business in the APAC region expands and scales up. As the APAC region is growing and expanding rapidly, this person will gain excellent learning opportunities and exposure through working on exciting projects with indirect tax compliance impact. This person will be working closely with internal and external stakeholders including with tax advisory, public policy and business development teams as well as external tax service providers across different geographies to evaluate and implement indirect tax compliance requirements and impact on business operations. This role while focused on indirect tax compliance, would also support the rest of the APAC tax compliance team on corporate tax and withholding tax compliance requirements.
The core tax compliance responsibilities include:-
- Assist with VAT/GST, corporate income tax and withholding tax compliance for the APAC region, tracking and reporting of taxes, confirmation of payments to the tax authorities.
- Support tax audits/queries and work closely with the finance team and external service providers.
- Provide tax compliance related training to internal stakeholders.
Tax registrations: Interacting with third-party consultants on new tax registrations and setting up compliance processes.
Month-end tax accounting close: Creating journal entries, monitoring tax accounts positions, performing account and blackline balance sheet reconciliations for APAC entities.
Tax accounting: Support the tax provision team in the US with the quarterly calculations for APAC entities. Team with the APAC Finance team for the tax positions in the annual financial statements.
Tax projects: Assist with various exciting projects in a fast changing tax landscape including working closely with internal stakeholders to understand the tax impact of business operations arising from the projects and ensure that direct and indirect tax compliance needs are identified, considered and communicated as well as implemented.
Relevant experience in the areas mentioned will be key when applying for the role.
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects and process improvements under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Proactive, hands-on and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple time zones
• Willing to travel to our offices overseas, as external conditions permits.
• Bachelor in degree in Accounting, Taxation or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of relevant tax compliance experience in a public accounting and/or a corporate environment (preferably at a tech or entertainment company)
• Experience working with tax accounting and tax requirements in APAC
• Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Advanced MS Excel and Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Experience with Alteryx is a plus
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
• Experience with APAC indirect tax and tax audits is a plus
• Fluent in English; other regional languages including Japanese and Korean are helpful
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility. Read our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.