Tax Analyst - EMEA
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix; present in over 190 countries with members enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
As Netflix continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a talented team member to join the EMEA Tax Team in Amsterdam. The position will be working closely with the rest of the tax, finance and policy teams in Amsterdam as well as various other stakeholders in EMEA and the international tax and finance teams in the US and Singapore.
The ideal candidate has a strong fit with Netflix values and culture, can collaborate well across the organization and has a hands-on mentality. This role will have a focus on monitoring / researching tax legislation in the EMEA region and on supporting the tax team with in-depth tax technical research.
• Be on top of legislative developments in the EMEA region, with particular reference to domestic and regional EU tax proposals
• Analyze new legislation or tax policy developments and make research available in a practical manner to (cross-functional) stakeholders
• Be a thought leader, research complex tax issues, draft technical and concise memos while educating fellow team members and other teams. Contribute to in-sourcing tax advice
• Facilitate the interaction with tax authorities and other government stakeholders in the EMEA region. Government experience is valued extra
• Work with the EMEA and US tax team on global tax planning projects and collaborate with the broader tax and finance teams
• Support Production Tax and Finance and Tax Compliance and Accounting colleagues by providing local subject matter expertise and ensuring the correct implementation of structuring ideas
• 2-6 years of experience (law firm, industry or government)
• Law degree or CPA equivalent, and/or advanced degree in Taxation
• Excellent people skills
• Excellent communication skills (fluent in English)
• Deep technical knowledge and a passion for tax research
• Understanding of legislative processes and tax policy
• The ability to translate technical research into practical solutions
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
• Relevant experience (valued extra):
*Government (legislative or tax authorities)
*Advance Tax Rulings /Advance Pricing Agreements
*Mutual Agreement Procedures
*Dutch corporate income tax
*Technology/entertainment industry (West Coast)
*Digital supply chains
*Hands-on/can do mentality
• Ability to work proactively and independently under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility.