Tax Accountant, EMEA
This was removed by the employer on 5/4/2021 9:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Tax Accountant, EMEA jobs in Amsterdam-NH
Search all Tax Accountant, EMEA postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Tax Accountant, EMEA? Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
Our business is growing rapidly and we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities. Check out our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
As Netflix continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a talented team member to join the EMEA Tax Team in Amsterdam. The position will report to the Senior Manager, EMEA Tax Accounting and Compliance and will be working closely with the rest of the tax and finance teams in Amsterdam as well as various other stakeholders in EMEA and the international tax and finance teams in the US and Singapore.
The ideal candidate has a strong fit with the Netflix values and culture, can collaborate well across the organization and has a hands-on mentality. We're looking for someone with an accounting background that can assist with our reporting and compliance obligations, in the broadest sense of the word, for our EMEA entities, including:
Month-end tax accounting close: creating journal entries, monitoring tax accounts positions and performing account reconciliations for all EMEA entities.
Tax compliance: Assist with VAT, withholding tax, property tax and DST compliance, including tracking and reporting of taxes, the arrangement of payments to the tax authorities, etc.
Tax registrations: Interacting with third-party consultants on new tax registrations and setting up compliance processes.
This role is positioned for growth as our business scales up. Relevant experience in the areas mentioned will be key when applying for the role.
Candidate profile: We are looking for someone who is:
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively and autonomously
• A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Proactive, hands-on and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic, unafraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple time zones
• Willing to travel to our offices overseas once or twice per year (when COVID restrictions are released)
Education and Experience
• 4 years of experience dealing in month-end close and tax compliance
• A combination of in-house experience and public accounting experience is preferred
• Experience working with international accounting and tax requirements
• Undergraduate or Advanced degree in Finance or Accounting
• Advanced MS Excel and Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Experience in the entertainment/tech industry is a plus
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud-based ERP systems is a plus
• Fluent in English; other regional languages are helpful This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.