Systems Engineer, Creative Systems Support - VFX
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Systems Engineer, Creative Systems Support - VFX, based out of our Mumbai office. As part of the Creative Systems group within the Creative Technologies and Infrastructure team, you will help transform the way VFX content is created and distributed. In this role, you will deploy, scale, and automate the studio production environment. You will support and partner with our artists, production staff, and 3rd party vendors on designs, solutions, and implementations. You will help to identify and solve inefficiencies or issues across the studio and collaborate with teams to form long term solutions.
• Provide Tier 2 support for creative systems and software, from industry-standard tools to Netflix-developed applications.
• Proactively engage with VFX artists, supervisors, and management to support their productions and identify inefficiencies and improvements.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to resolve inefficiencies and improve the artist's experience.
• Develop system-monitoring and support automation to enhance and scale the quality of support.
• Travel to support offsite productions including installation and configuration of hardware and software.
, Knowledge, and Qualifications
• 5 years of experience supporting artists in the VFX space for both series and or features.
• Knowledge of the VFX toolset and practices Shotgun, RV, Aspera, Adobe, Foundry Nuke, and Autodesk Maya.
• Knowledge of desktop infrastructure, Linux, macOS, Windows, and Teradici PCoIP
• Knowledge of display calibration best practices.
• Knowledge of networking and storage for media production.
• Knowledge of cloud computing and storage and various public cloud vendors (AWS, GCP, and Azure).
• Knowledge of ticketing systems such as Zendesk, Jira.
• Knowledge of scripting to create toolsets for users/support teams.
• Willingness to travel worldwide to provide support on occasion.
• The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process.
• Ability to comfortably lift 50 pounds.