Supervisor, Creative Dubbing - LATAM
NetflixMexico City, MX
This was removed by the employer on 8/25/2020 10:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Supervisor, Creative Dubbing - LATAM jobs in Mexico City-MX
Search all Supervisor, Creative Dubbing - LATAM postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Supervisor, Creative Dubbing - LATAM? Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 167 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying content across a wide variety of genres and languages. The International Dubbing team is responsible for sharing those amazing stories to our growing international audience, supervising all aspects of lip-sync dubbing, voiceover, and audio description production.
As a creative dubbing supervisor, your mission is to preserve the original creative intent of our content creators throughout the many language adaptations Netflix commissions and distributes. Centered around content localization, a great team environment, and cutting-edge technology, this role is critical to Netflix's ability to provide the best-localized experience to our members. Creative dubbing supervisors are aligned by content type-series, films, international productions, nonfiction, animation-and creatively oversee all languages produced on a title. This role would be aligned with the content originating from Central and South America and is located in Mexico City, Mexico, reporting to a manager located in Hollywood.
The ideal candidate will have a great passion for language, experience with the production of dubs, a deep appreciation of regional cultural differences, and a high level of intellectual curiosity. The role requires you to develop a relationship with our original content and be able to strategically identify the challenges and complexities localization will face before it even begins. Preserving creative intent will be your mission and developing creative approaches to the challenges at hand will be your passion. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
In this role you will:
• Drive creative localization strategy for Netflix original content
• Analyze content to identify and solve localization challenges
• Research and prepare in-depth dubbing guideline documentation for our localization partners
• Build and leverage strong relationships with dub studios around the world
• Be the primary point of contact for creative localization of a title, driving strong relationships and collaboration with cross-functional partners in content acquisitions, post-production, product creative, business affairs, legal counsel, content planning & analysis, quality control, and regional marketing teams.
• Provide dubbing studios with casting notes and approve voice talent choices as necessary
• Communicate music & effects needs with mixers.
• Accommodate and/or provide risk assessment for any special upstream localization requests
• Provide innovative thinking around scalable solutions and creative/operational workflows for dub asset creation and management, constantly questioning existing systems and looking for a better way
• Effectively communicate project updates cross-functionally
• Make sound independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues
• Be a leading voice of dubbing production within the industry
• Advocate, understand, communicate, and exemplify the company's values
Do you have what it takes?
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluency in English and Spanish is required
• Proficiency in other languages (specifically Brazilian Portuguese) is a plus
• BA/BS preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years prior experience in managing localization and/or creative workflows within the entertainment industry; background in dubbing creation and a passion for languages and translation quality
• Deep understanding of differences and nuances between subtitle and dub translation
• Working knowledge around territorial differences and best practices for dub audio creation
• Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools, and workflows
• Attention to detail; organization, problem-solving, analytical and multi-tasking skills
• Creativity and the passion to challenge current industry standards
• Familiarity with the current trends in the local entertainment industry This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.