Studio Operations Finance Business Partner
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking for a finance professional to partner with our Studio Operations and Production Planning teams. The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has a solid understanding of the P2P (purchase-to-pay) workflow, a deep knowledge of studio facilities and production, and a passion for developing strong cross functional relationships.
This position will provide support to cross-functional business partners as follows:
• Business owners - Embedded resource that understands the nature of the business being supported and owns finance related tasks (reviewing leases and contracts, creating POs, reviewing invoices, billing productions, vendor management, management reporting, etc.)
• Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing
• Accounting - Help facilitate a timely and accurate month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers
• FP&A - Ensure accurate coding of expenses to provide meaningful reporting, help track actuals to budget/forecast and communicate any expected variances
• IT - Design reporting metrics around studio operations workflows and partner on system enhancements to help automate workflows to scale
Qualities We're Looking For:
• 5 years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting experience with the general ledger since the work you do will have direct financial implications
• Experience with purchase orders and reviewing invoices as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows
• Industry experience in a studio environment dealing with facilities, allocations, project tracking, capitalization vs. expense, rate cards, etc.
• Relationship builder - Ability to cultivate strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
• Innovation - Enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems and workflows (learn the existing process and then build/challenge it to better scale for growth while providing meaningful reporting to our business partners)
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it; having a positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key
• Finance/Accounting experience with international territories, entities, tax, foreign currencies and languages highly preferred
• Systems experience with Workday Financials, Xytech MediaPulse and/or Tableau is a plus
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view
• Adaptable - You are comfortable in an ever-changing ecosystem of content, finance and accounting issues and projects
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance; MBA and/or CPA is a plus