Stage Coordinator, Production Facilities Management and Operations
NetflixNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Stage Coordinator, Production Facilities Management and Operations (New York)
We are seeking a Stage Coordinator to join our growing Production Facilities Management and Operations team. This position will be housed in Brooklyn, New York. The position will be responsible for serving as a liaison between Studio Operations and Production on a daily basis. The goal of this role is to elevate the client experience and provide the highest level of customer service possible.
The Opportunity Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Role A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
• Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with all Productions, Vendors, Tenants and Facility partners
• Strong understanding of EHS local regulations and best practices
• Manage communications regarding any scheduled shoot that might affect building occupants or parking
• Update and distribute daily production schedules to internal stakeholders
• Maintain a daily Stage Status report for Stages and Mill area used by Productions
• Fulfill and track ancillary requests (Power, HVAC, trash carting, parking, facility services)Ancillary invoicing - tracking and billing
• Participate in all Office, Stage and lot walk through for Pre/Post-Production inspections of propertySupport productions & operations team with production move in/ move out
• Daily management of opening & closing stages & supplemental spaces along with Stage Specialist team
• Moving furniture throughout the offices and in-between buildings in order to accommodate space needed for Productions, tenants or Operations team
• Maintain a daily Stage Status report for Stages and Mill area used by ProductionsPatrol the entire Studio Lot/Fence Line/Stages multiple times per day
• Identifying, report and address any safety issues or hazards on the lot
• Reporting parking issues, damage or hazardous materials found to Studio Operations Supervisor/Manager
• Participate in Stage and Tech ScoutsUnderstanding of SFX regulations and best practices on stages
• Understanding of local unions
• Supports stage and site toursSet up drive-ons, notify Security of stage openings, and prepare production schedules
• General office support regarding stages and productions
• Any other studio related duties as determined by Studio Operations Supervisor/Manager
• Knowledge and experience in production terminology supporting various departments (i.e., Construction, Location, Rigging Grip, Rigging Electric, Set Dec., Costumes, Hair & Make-Up, SPFX, Casting, Production Office, Stunts, etc.)
• 3 - 5 years experience in Film and Television experience required
• Flexibility to work nights and weekends as determined by Production / Facility schedules.
• Candidate should be decisive, able to work under strict deadlines, prioritize issues, multitask and adjust to rapid changes in a dynamic production environment
• Team player with an ability to supervise multiple productions in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners.
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
• Strong knowledge of EHSStrong knowledge of Stage Safety regulationsCertifications in OSHA Aerial Boom, Scissor, Rough Terrain, and Warehouse ForkLifts, DEEP Hazmat, FSO training (provided by Fire Marshal's Office), Incipient firefighting techniques & fire extinguisher selection and use, HAZWOPER, are a plus.
• Ability to lift 100lbs
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, G-Drive, MS Word, Excel. AirTable a plus
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and equipment and studios.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask.
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.