Sr. Technical Artist - Games Studio
This was removed by the employer on 3/29/2023 10:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Sr. Technical Artist - Games Studio jobs in Remote-US
Search all Sr. Technical Artist - Games Studio postings
Full Time Job
The Sr. Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project. This position will also provide technical mentorship and guidance for other Technical Artists.
• Work with Art groups and programmers to effectively produce technically correct art content and bring it into the engine
• Support artists and engineers in the use of the art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
• Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
• Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
• Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
• Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
• Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
• Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
• Maintain communication with peers in all departments
• High degree of proficiency with 3D graphics, modeling, particle systems, physics systems, shaders, etc.
• Solid knowledge of rendering engines
• Self-motivated, excellent communications skills, and an excellent team-player attitude
• A minimum of 2 years' experience developing video games in a Technical Artist role
Education and Experience
• Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent type role
• Mobile games development experience
• Scripting experience in Lua, Python, and/or other programming languages
• Experience creating and using real-time shaders
• Unity experience
• Strong passion for developing games
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• Our core hours are 10:00am cst to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during the time period
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $50,000 - $250,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.