Sr. Producer, Games - External Development
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is your chance to be at the forefront of Netflix's new offering of Video Games. We will bring these new experiences to market through the world's leading streaming entertainment app with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries who are already enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and now they can download and play mobile games anytime, anywhere with a collection of Netflix curated and produced Games. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it and this team sits at the forefront of the effort.
• Take the lead as an external developer's primary point of contact, working with developers in creation of project and milestone schedules, submission planning, and overall development plans; provide ongoing management check and balance throughout the full product life cycle.
• This role will manage external games development partners across multiple titles at once.
• Review and evaluate game builds and milestones across design, creative, development, and production progress.
• Work with Head of External Game Development and Executive Producers to ensure all projects are delivering on time, within budget, against the design scope and aligned to broader portfolio and quality goals.
• Take a long-term view and ownership towards developing games with an eye toward sequels, localizations, product line extensions.
• Maintain relationships with external leadership level development & publishing teams to ensure all production and publishing goals and concerns are met, cultivating relationships to effectively collaborate and problem solve.
• Help resolve unique complex product issues through ingenuity, creativity and any other means necessary to get the job done. Identify risks early and often and remove roadblocks and performance bottlenecks as needed.
• Inspire and empower the development teams that you will be working with, guide them through continuous improvement, and share learnings with the studio.
• Serve as internal product champion/evangelist by crafting and presenting product pitch in appropriate ways to specific and different audiences, providing visibility into milestones and challenges. Ensure that all teams have optimal product information to deliver games to market.
• Work cross functionally to Create a healthy team culture, communicative, transparent, motivated, committed and focused on realistic goals.
• 7 years experience as a Producer in game development (social, F2P, mobile, web, console, handheld)
• Experience owning the complete development cycle of a game title from inception to ship and (if applicable) on to live service
• Ability to collaborate with and manage external development teams
• An excellent knowledge of production, the difficulties generally encountered by teams and solutions tailored to their requirements.
• Having led complex cross functional projects with successful delivery of quality, schedule and in balancing scope, capacity, budget, risk, and time.
• Experience managing a team of 10 developers (programmers, artists, animators, designers, testers)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Licensed game experience a plus
• Games as a Service experience a plus