Sr. Manager, Business Development, Games - External Development
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking to hire a Senior Manager to focus on Business Development within the game partnerships team. Netflix members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and now they will be able to download and play mobile games anytime, anywhere with a collection of Netflix curated and produced Games. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it and this team sits at the forefront of the effort.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to one of Netflix's most quickly-growing areas by driving key strategic deals in gaming partnerships, as well as helping to support M&A investment opportunities. The ideal candidate will have deep experience with strategic negotiations and analysis, a highly-attuned product sense, as well as a strong background sourcing, evaluating and executing high-valued game partnership deals. As a business development leader, you will be responsible for guiding programming strategies, defining the right rules of engagement, collaborating with Netflix's senior leadership on the Company's inorganic growth strategy across all of its Gaming businesses, and helping scale the value proposition of Netflix gaming via the right set of partners. You will work closely with game production, Corp Dev, internal development, product creative, CS&A, game platform, legal, among others, to deliver results.
• Evaluate, negotiate, and close key licensing deals that help grow the footprint of Netflix Gaming with creators and developers of all sizes
• Partner with the head of Business Development, Corp Dev and Internal Development to develop investment themes on new markets, propose M&A/investment ideas, and work with product and engineering teams to evaluate potential targets.
• Identify the best new partners and actively pitch Netflix IP across categories
• Support M&A and investment opportunities
• Demonstrate fluency in the most complex legal and business issues in contracts and develop creative win-win solutions with our partners
• Be agile and execute across a quickly evolving range of products
• Analyze markets and synthesize recommendations into actionable sourcing plans
• Collaborate with a broad range of internal constituents to help define go-to-market strategy and drive sign-off from internal leadership
• Serve as a liaison between Corporate Development and Internal Development, CS&A, External Games and Product Management teams to drive insights based on KPIs and public disclosures
• Proven experience in investment banking, corporate development or related roles
• Experience in sourcing in gaming environment (experience working at mobile, console and PC platforms preferred)
• High-level expertise in negotiation and deal construction including the legal aspects of negotiations
• Knowledge of current and developing industry trends, awareness of competitors, and new business opportunities
• Exceptional analytical abilities
• Demonstrated track record of helping drive a broad range of game partnership deal types
• Experience learning quickly about new technologies and distill information into actionable insights for internal stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners
• Deep knowledge of gaming business models (experience working at game subscription services preferred)
• Experience successfully navigating a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment