Sr. Manager, Audience & Marketplace Insights
NetflixNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/19/2023 2:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Audience & Marketplace Insights jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Manager, Audience & Marketplace Insights postings
Full Time Job
At Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are constantly innovating on how entertainment is imagined, created and delivered to a global audience. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, topping over 230 million paid subscribers.
We recently launched a new ad-supported tier to offer our members with more choice in how they consume their content. Our new tier allows us to attract new members at a lower price point, while also creating a compelling path for advertisers to reach audiences that are deeply immersed.
The core Advertising team is charged with building a new, best-in-class ads organization to establish Netflix as the premiere platform for advertiser partners and to drive advertising revenue. The ad measurement team is tasked with building best in class insights about our audience and marketplace measurement solutions for advertisers in support of our broader advertising sales efforts.
Netflix's Ad Measurement team is seeking a Senior Manager of Ad Audience & Marketplace Insights to manage, hire and grow the day-to-day work of the audience research team. The successful candidate will work cross functionally with sales, marketing, consumer insights, data science and our vendor partners to identify and build solutions measuring Netflix's audience consumption across the digital & TV ecosystem. If you are someone who is a self-starter, obsesses over details and thrives in a collaborative environment, Netflix may be the place for you. For an insider's look at Netflix's culture, make sure to read Seeking Excellence, our company credo.
• Leverage proprietary and syndicated tools to create and present analyses for internal and external clients that tell Netflix's audience story to the marketplace and advertiser clients.
• Support the Advertising Sales team with research and analytics, including but not limited to audience data, site metrics, normative data, and Netflix ad inventory.
• Collaborate closely with Data Science & Consumer Insights teams to create compelling narratives that make use of 1st party and 3rd party data around audiences and media trends; tie these narratives back to Netfli's ability to help brands reach consumers.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of current and potential client's research and measurement goals, and guide the development of analyses to support those goals including Audience Validation, Vertical Insights and Reach/Frequency Analyses.
• Research and analyze industries, companies, business models and marketing strategies in key advertiser verticals such as CPG, Retail, Tech, Telecom; Create market facing insights that foretell emerging trends in these verticals.
• Oversee the development of the research components of presentations for our go-to-market marketplace positioning and any other ad hoc requests from the sales and marketing team.
• Manage and develop a team who will execute on timely requests for custom media targets and audiences based on media briefs and RFPs.
• Mine all available information about trends in the advertising and media industries, including high profile industry reports; collect and retain information that is meaningful to Netflix's business and summarize relevant data into briefs and externally facing presentations.
• With the Director, develop and oversee third party audience research companies (such as NielsenOne, comScore VMX, etc.) to innovate new and more accurate ways to measure Netflix's audience and digital measurement in general.
Experience & Skills
• 10 years media research experience at Streaming, TV or digital media company.Experience managing, hiring and growing a team.
• Strong understanding of methodology, data, and systems from syndicated research providers (e.g. comScore, Kantar, Nielsen), as well as direct digital technology and analytics.
• Must have a comprehensive understanding of the advertising and media business.
• A builder: able to thrive in a startup environment with ambiguity, and structure a global function and team for the future
• Ability to build good rapport with both internal and external clients; Collaborates effectively and embraces differing perspectives and experiences to make better decisions
• Demonstrated ability to generate strategic insights from rigorous analysis.
• Must have excellent writing and presentation building skills.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $200,000 - $700,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.