Sr. Animation Payroll Specialist
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/26/2021 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Sr. Animation Payroll Specialist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Sr. Animation Payroll Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Animation Payroll Specialist? It's an exciting time to join Netflix with continued, rapid expansion into original programming and growth around the world. As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture and long-term view to learn more.
As a Senior Animation Payroll Specialist at Netflix, you will be a key member of a high-performing global payroll team and will play an integral role in building out world-class payroll systems and processes that are centrally managed from our headquarters in Los Gatos. The right candidate for this position will be an individual who has a natural intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills, and a deep desire to drive improvements and continuously simplify processes. The candidate will flourish in a hands-on role and has a deep desire to constantly evolve and reinvent how they do business.
• Process bi-weekly multi-state payroll for the Animation studio exempt and non-exempt employees. Currently, this is limited to only our non-union employees in the US and Canada across 4 separate entities
• Work closely with Production Finance, Content Accounting & production staff to ensure that all hours are booked to the correct shows and OCC codes
• Support the design and implementation of new production companies using a straightforward, common-sense approach, embracing technology and automation where possible.
• Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, 401(k), statutory and supplemental benefits, etc
• Perform a timely and accurate month-end close process, including account reconciliations and accruals
• Process employee expense reimbursements and related month-end accounting entries
• Management of payroll-related projects including year-end preparation, maintaining payroll documentation, resolve payroll tax issues, and support periodic audits
• Partner with People Technology to drive process improvement projects in an effort to streamline and automate manual workflows
• Partner closely with our internal partners (Talent / Employee Services) to provide our employees with a first-class onboarding and payroll experience
• Unconsciously exceed any level of service expectations from our business partners and the employee base we support
• Bachelor's degree in Finance / Tax / Accounting (or similar field) preferred
• 5 years of functional experience with production payroll processing and accounting theory (both union and non-union)
• Strong communication skills, written/verbal, and ability to interact with employees at all levels, including upper management
• A supporter of an inclusive and diverse culture without bias against others
• Experience with Workday HCM, Payroll, Time Tracking, ADP SmartCompliance, and the Google Business Suite
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a plus This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.