Specialist, Screening Operations - EMEA
This was removed by the employer on 9/7/2020 5:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Specialist, Screening Operations - EMEA jobs in Amsterdam-NH
Search all Specialist, Screening Operations - EMEA postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Specialist, Screening Operations - EMEA? The Opportunity
Netflix is driving new industry standards in promotion of audio-visual technologies such as immersive sound, HDR, and groundbreaking emissive displays. As the creative work on Netflix Originals evolves to engage with these new standards, the demand to review content in an immersive, technically accurate, and creatively engaging environment grows.
The Screening Operations Team facilitates a variety of screenings in Netflix's in-house facilities while providing exceptional service to Netflix's Content Creative teams and the filmmakers working on Netflix Original shows. The number of screening rooms that the team maintains and operates is increasing at a rapid pace with multiple new facilities coming online in Netflix's EMEA offices, and across the globe. The team is committed to cultivating a creative environment, fostering filmmaker joy, and preserving artistic intent throughout the exhibition process.
We are looking for a Screening Specialist with experience in critical picture and sound review to be our first hire in EMEA to support and operate a variety of reviews within our internal exhibition facilities.
As Part of the Screening Operations Team, You Will
• Provide excellent client support in screening rooms, review lounges and QC rooms; facilitating and operating creative and technical reviews, color and mix reviews, and spotting sessions for filmmakers and Netflix executives.
• Perform routine color and audio calibration and maintenance procedures, achieving the highest level of confidence in the space to ensure correct playback experience.
• Liaise with the internal post production groups and outside vendors to assist with content delivery and management.
• Create user documentation for various professional AV rooms and critical viewing environments.
• Devise and perform wiring, patching and software configuration modifications to equipment to meet changing requirements.
• Collaborate with internal partners and 3rd party vendors on commissioning and deploying new screening rooms in the region, and upgrading and refreshing existing spaces.
• Perform triage on technology issues that arise so that appropriate teams can be brought in to consult when needed.
• Validate asset integrity where applicable on incoming media and screening material.
• Monitor and provide feedback on screening room equipment and screening room status.
• Provide remote support for regional office screening room solutions.
• You are experienced in the field of picture and sound post production and understand current motion picture best practices and tools.
• You have critical eyes and ears with an ability to assess the quality of a screening asset and environment, diagnose issues, and troubleshoot in real time.
• You have interacted with a variety of filmmakers and provided excellent service and support to facilitate a creative process. You understand their goals and expectations.
• You're comfortable interacting with post production, mastering, DI, and sound professionals and are able to easily explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• You are highly organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and solution-oriented.
• You are committed to team-work and strive to cultivate collaborative relationships with your colleagues.
• Comfortable working across time zones and collaborating with a remote team.
• You value working in a diverse and international environment, and are excited by the opportunity to partner with people whose backgrounds and perspectives may differ from yours.
• Prior experience in a technical support role for a production facility, broadcaster or post production facility.
• Operator-level proficiency with production and post production software such as DaVinci Resolve, Protools, or Colorftont Traskoder.
• Familiarity with Shotgun, Avid Media Composer, Clipster, Colorfront Transkoder, Baselight or MTI Cortex is a plus.
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats, preferably experience with IMF, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision.
• Familiarity with audio, video and data communications protocols as standardized by IETF, SMPTE and AES.
• Display calibration experience preferably with CalMAN or equivalent software.
• Software experience such as VISIO or Autocad preferred in support of documentation
• Working knowledge of regional vendors including AV support companies, system integrators, AV manufacturers.
• Fluent or business proficiency in English. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.