Specialist, Production Technology & Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/26/2022 6:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Specialist, Production Technology & Operations jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Specialist, Production Technology & Operations postings
Full Time Job
Dept: Production Technology & Operations, US and Canada
The Production Technology & Operations team plays an important role in ensuring all Netflix Branded Series created in the US and Canada are delivered to Netflix's high standards utilizing our delivery and QC ecosystem. With a focus on scalable workflows for vendor onboarding, delivery, technical support and quality control, you will be integral to helping our partner post production vendors and show personnel meet the evolving needs of Netflix.
As a Specialist, you will become a subject matter expert on our delivery and QC workflows and tools, ensuring the vendors and individuals that are responsible for authoring and delivering launch critical and archival assets are well prepared to meet the needs of Netflix.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technical and operational problem solving, deep knowledge of post production workflows and tools, and demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity. Additionally, a love of teaching, creating educational material and having empathy for those you interact with who are unfamiliar with the technology will serve you well in this role.
Training and Onboarding:
• Build strong operational relationships with external partners - Post Production vendors, Post Supervisors, Producers, and others involved in preparation and delivery of media to Netflix.
• Act as a key technical and operational advisor for the Netflix internal delivery and Quality Control ecosystem.
• Onboard and train vendors and show personnel on internal applications and workflows including Original Capture File Delivery (OCF Import), IMF Creation, and internal delivery tools (Backlot / Content Hub / Amazon Snowball), access management (Starship), QC and evaluation (Asset QC), and external delivery solutions (Drives/LTO).
• Coach vendors into a model of efficient and error-free delivery.
• Educate internal and external teams on technical specifications and workflows.
• Develop content for public-facing support in an effort to allow partners to self diagnose and repair problematic assets.
Advise, Strategize, Collaborate:
• Provide expertise and critical insight for the continued evolution and development of the internal Post Production pipeline, and its respective tools, partnering with internal teams to understand user issues and needed enhancements to minimize support issues, and pinpoint automated workflow efficiencies.
• Analyze vendor delivery data, with a focus on root-cause analysis, to drive an issue prevention strategy that minimizes support requests relating to the internal delivery ecosystem and specifications.
• Collaborate with various internal cross functional partners, including post production management, dubbing, globalization, marketing, Product Creative, and Title Operations, with an understanding of the unique considerations live action series titles may bring to these teams.
• Be an escalation point for troubleshooting technical issues related to asset delivery into our Post and VFX tools, IMF authoring, and QC platform
• Work with external partners to ensure the flow of media assets through the Netflix delivery ecosystem is efficient, secure and optimized, with a key focus on developing and executing best practices between tools.
• Partner with internal and external Post Production teams to create and execute an efficient Quality Control plan and help evaluate received reports and guide on the implementation of fixes.
• 7 years prior experience in a role as a Post Production Workflow Engineer, DI, or QC technician or operational lead for a Production or Post Production facility
• Working knowledge of digital audio and video file formats, preferably experience with IMF, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision workflows including the tools used to create these elements
• Familiarity with production and post workflows and software such as Shotgun, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, Baselight, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Clipster, Colorfront Transkoder, Avid Pro Tools
• Ability to troubleshoot technical errors within various video and audio formats, especially IMF
• Experience partnering with 3rd party vendors to achieve operational efficiencies
• Have a data-driven mindset and experience analyzing and learning from data
• Familiarity with audio, video and data communications protocols as standardized by IETF, SMPTE, ITU and AES
• Prior experience coaching, mentoring, and/or teaching people how to utilize new tools, software, or workflows
• Bias to action within an ever evolving environment
• Ability to organize and prioritize your work without daily oversight
• Curiosity to learn new technical workflows, standards, and tools
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace