Social Platform Manager
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Key Responsibilities: High-Level Strategy & Creative
• Lead, shape and implement the channel strategy for the Netflix is a Joke comedy social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube and evaluating the opportunity cost against opening channels on additional platforms (e.g. TikTok, Twitch etc.).
• Set channel and platform growth goals - using data and analytics to keep you and your cross-functional partners accountable
• Consistently ideate, create and curate comedy content (across our slate of film and series content) with a strong point of view and deep knowledge of the Netflix is a Joke brand personality, using innovative approaches to format, structure and presentation to encourage our followers to engage.
• Utilize comedy expertise to speak authentically to the audience, leverage opportunities with talent, and stay on top of changing trends in the comedy landscape.
• Cultivate close cross-functional relationships across the comedy teams (marketing, publicity, and content) in order to syndicate the best content to our platforms with the broadest following.
• Be experimental with content; take risks with what you're creating; be ambitious and original. Turn one-off hits into successful repeatable formats.
• Use internal and external social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
• Stay on top of trends, timely events, and upcoming title launches to seize on reactive opportunities for the audience.
• In partnership with other platform managers, develop relationships with the platform reps - ensure cross functional partners know about product updates, opportunities to be included in Beta tests, platform best practices, etc.
Tactical Channel Management
• Build and manage an annual budget for Netflix is a Joke social channels.
• Respond to daily comments from fans, talent, and notable influencers as a member of the comedy community and develop a clear and differentiated tone from other owned Netflix channels.
• Identify opportunities to elevate the comedy conversation by staying on top of trends, changing behaviors, and emerging voices online and by platform.
• Work with cross functional partners to approve title-specific content, place on the channel schedules, and make sure all owned projects (always-on and reactive content) are delivering on time and are creatively sound.
• For new big swing ideas originating from a title campaign, work with Title Social Managers and review preliminary and final treatments to ensure best shot at success on the platforms.
• Maintain the daily programming schedule in our proprietary scheduling system.
• Work with XF partners on how big brand swings across marketing, product & publicity (e.g. Tudum the event, NIAJ Fest etc.) show up on our platforms in a relevant way for the Netflix is a Joke audience.
• Serve as one of the final set of eyes on content before it goes out in the world & ensure posting in accurate, timely manner and in the NIAJ voice.