Social Marketing Lead
Full Time Job
It's not often there's an opportunity to join a company that is changing consumer habits all over the world, and challenging an entire industry at the same time. In addition to the marketing we do around our Netflix original titles we are also investing in editorial strategies that build love, meaning and deepen the emotional relationship of our brand with our fans.
The Philippines is a key market for Netflix in Southeast Asia and this is an exciting time to be part of driving our growth in the market, alongside a number of stunning colleagues on the team. We have hundreds of original films and series from Stranger Things to Squid Game to Dollhouse and more that are produced for all kinds of tastes and all kinds of moods.
We are looking for a social marketing leader to join our team and help us conceptualize and execute social-first creative and editorial strategies to build brand love and fan the flames of the Netflix fandom in the Philippines even more than ever before.
Background and skills
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of pop culture, and a knack for spotting and shepherding great storytelling in the digital space. To that extent, we are seeking candidates with more than 8 years of social media experience working both client and agency side. Experience with paid social is a plus.
This candidate will also need to have a deep understanding of each major social platform available in the market, and will possess a keen sense for predicting trends that penetrate the local cultural zeitgeist.
In addition, we also look at
• Strong English communication skills. While the consumer-facing output of the work will be in both English and Filipino, most internal communication is handled in English. Netflix is a memo and debate-intensive culture and team members are expected to participate and contribute to strategic discussions often and significantly.
• Talent management skills. Aside from understanding how to behave professionally around talent, we value the capacity to earn trust with them and their representatives -- a key part of obtaining buy-in for creative ideas and executions.
• Solid grasp of analytics and social listening tools. You don't need to be a spreadsheet genius for this role but you do need to have a good grasp of analytics in order to derive the sharpest insights, ask the hard-hitting questions, and make the best decisions.
Other key responsibilities
• Develop a clear editorial vision, tone of voice and the right content strategies to build our brand into a trusted and engaging source of entertainment and information in the social space and beyond
• Serve as the editor-in-chief of local social brand channels, managing a full editorial team and owning and maintaining publishing schedules
• Build and manage budgets as well as an editorial creative/content production team
• Maintaining relationships & collaborating with talent and social influencers outside of our brand channels
• Work cross-functionally with Film & Series Marketing, Publicity and Partner Marketing teams to compliment high-profile title or brand campaigns, serve as the brand's first line of reputational defense and deepen consumer understanding of key Netflix benefits
• Stay on top of earned and owned trends, news and other timely events to seize on reactive opportunities
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and intellectual curiosity. Read the culture memo to learn what it's actually like working for Netflix.
This role will be based in Manila with onboarding in Singapore.