Site Reliability Engineer, Studio Technology
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix has been changing the way people watch shows and movies. With over 130 million subscribers across the globe, Netflix has been delivering joy one stream at a time on pretty much any connected device. Join us to help Netflix grow into the world's leading producer of premium content. The physical process of making movies and TV shows is an industry that is ripe for technology innovation. We have an opportunity to transform how that's done by building Prodicle, the most advanced production application suite in the entertainment industry.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer that can bring a broad set technical skills to the team. We're interested in a passionate engineer that will drive reliability efforts and instrumentation projects that focus on the success of our partners and employees that rely on our suite of studio software applications. We need patient and curious people interested in learning more about studio production needs, that focus on the user experience, and enjoy working cross-functionally with other teams within Netflix.
In this role you will...
• Improve the Netflix studio application experience by updating existing code to address application availability, performance, observability, efficiency, and security challenges.
• Develop tools and systems to automate the identification, analysis, and remediation of application events, infrastructure issues, or user support requests.
• Work cross-functionally with other teams to surface common pain points, architect solutions, establish conventions, and evangelize application development and operations best practices.
• Transform discoveries into requests to others or action items for you and your team.
• Regularly learn new systems and tools as the Netflix platform and ecosystem evolves.
• Participate in our on-call rotation and conduct incident reviews.
• Periodically travel domestically with possible infrequent international travel.
We are looking for...
• Passion for pioneering engineering in an industry ripe for transformation.
• Enthusiasm for delighting people with tools that empower their creativity and let them work a sane schedule.
• Empathy for working with support teams to identify and remedy pain points.
• Expertise in reliable and repeatable web application deployment and architecture.
• Someone energized by a fast-paced, iterative approach.
• An ability to balance the urgent needs along with long term strategy.
• Strong ownership, pride of work, and ability to take things across the finish line. Someone who finishes well.
• Significant software development experience.
• Of particular interest is a specialty in one or more of the following: Ruby on Rails, Single-page web apps, API integrations, monitoring/alerting, AWS infrastructure management, distributed systems, cloud networking, or application security.