Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax (equivalent to a Manager at a public accounting firm) to support our Netflix Original Series, Nonfiction, and Documentary Series productions with all tax/incentive related matters. This includes managing global production incentives, providing tax planning, and structuring support for Netflix's growing Series slate. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills and strong attention to detail.
*This role is not available for a remote opportunity*
• Support Original Series, Nonfiction, and Documentary Series productions with all tax and incentive matters
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of domestic and international film & television production incentives
• Evaluate and apply for production incentives (both domestic and international), and provide show-level support through the production, audit, and monetization phases
• Provide tax advice to Netflix Production, Finance and Legal teams, especially with regards to talent engagement, tax withholding and indirect taxes
• Coordinate with external advisors and the broader Netflix Tax Compliance and Provision teams to review international statutory accounts and tax returns, ensure incentive compliance, and maximize internal utilization
• Liaise with the Content Accounting team on financial reporting related to incentives
• Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation- Work closely with Physical Production, Production Finance, Treasury, Legal and Business Affairs teams on various business, tax, and incentive planning matters
• Align with Studio Policy teams to monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax/ incentive legislation, and assist in defining and implementing appropriate international tax planning strategies
• In general, we find that individuals who quickly obtained Manager level at a studio or public accounting firm are more likely to be suited to this unique and challenging role. So if you're a Manager or a rising star Senior Tax Associate, we'd love to talk to you!
• However, this is a unique opportunity, so exact experience with the same responsibilities is not necessarily required and we fully expect an incoming Senior Analyst to learn on the job. So in addition to the base criteria below, we are looking for candidates who are open to learning new things and are fast learners!
• 5 to 7 years of tax experience, including public accounting and/or relevant in-house experience
• CPA, JD, or LLM preferred but not required
• Experience in tax issues relating to studio productions preferred but not required
• Strong production finance experience within live-action or animation, in lieu of tax experience, will be considered
• Embrace and embody the Netflix culture