Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax - Original Animation
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax (equivalent to a Manager at a public accounting firm) to support our Netflix Original Animation productions with all production tax/incentive related matters. This includes managing global production incentives and providing tax planning and structuring support for Netflix's growing animation studio. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
• Support Original Animation productions with all tax and incentive matters
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of domestic and international film, television and animation production incentives
- Evaluate and apply for production incentives (both domestic and international), and support the operational, audit, and monetization phases
- Provide tax advice to the production teams, especially in regards to talent engagement, tax withholding and indirect taxes
- Coordinate with external advisors and the broader tax compliance and provision teams to review international statutory accounts and tax returns, ensure incentive compliance, and maximize internal utilization
- Liaise with the content accounting team on financial reporting of the incentives
- Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
• Work closely with physical production, production finance, treasury, legal and business affairs teams on various business, tax and incentive planning matters
• Align with Studio Policy to monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax/ incentive legislation, and assist in defining and implementing appropriate international tax planning strategies
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view
• 4 to 7 years of experience, including public accounting or industry experience
• CPA or JD preferred but not required
• We find that individuals who quickly obtained Manager level at a studio or public accounting firm are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you're a Manager or a rising star Senior Tax Associate, we'd love to talk to you!
• Experience in tax issues relating to studio and/or animated productions preferred
• Strong production finance experience within live action or animation, in lieu of tax experience, will be considered
• International tax consulting experience preferred