Senior Researcher - Series Content
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/29/2023 9:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Researcher - Series Content jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Researcher - Series Content postings
Full Time Job
Netflix is one of the world's leading streaming entertainment services with 233 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause, and resume watching as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
In Series Consumer Insights, we are big believers in the power of the member voice when it comes to creating and promoting TV series that excite audiences of all ages around the world. We strive to bring that voice to as many business decisions as possible through innovative research techniques that explore members' underlying needs, tastes, and evolving attitudes toward entertainment.
We are looking for a Senior Researcher to partner with the Content and Marketing Teams as they create and promote brand new shows for both kids and adults. In this role, you will develop, execute, and socialize research on animated and live-action series - from high-level strategic studies to better understand audiences' evolving viewing needs to working with individual shows at various stages of their life cycles. Show-focused work can include long-lead development research, audience screenings to help refine episodes during production, positioning studies to help promote our TV shows effectively in nuanced global markets, and strategic research to build and expand franchises. This is a high-impact role that will be crucial to helping our content inspire a long-lasting love of Netflix via best-in-class storytelling.
In this role, you will:
• Own the relationship with key Series Content & Marketing executives and creators (with a focus on animated and comedy series) and establish a trusted, consultative partnership
• Identify & prioritize high-impact research opportunities and organize an insights program that will build a strong understanding of what kids and adults need in entertainment today to inform a variety of business decisions across content development, communications strategy, and product experience
• Develop innovative approaches to conducting research at each stage of the TV show life cycle (e.g. development, storyboards, animatics/episodes, post-release, etc.)
• Work closely with Netflix creative executives and external creators to provide insight that helps to guide show development and strengthen series during post-production
• Provide insight that helps the marketing and communications teams decide how to best position Netflix series in the marketplace at a global scale
• Partner with other Consumer Insights researchers and cross-functional teams such as Series, Films, Data Science, Finance, Marketing, Product, and Social to identify business needs and develop research initiatives to support the series space
• You have a minimum of 7 years of hands-on research experience at a network/studio/streamer or market research agency (ideally a mix)
• You are well-versed in entertainment research, especially around content development and marketing strategy
• You are passionate about all types of content - especially animated content for both kids and adults
• You have experience designing, planning, and executing research projects (qualitative and quantitative research methods) for both kid and adult audiences and owning them end-to-end
• You are an excellent collaborator; you build strong partnerships within your team and with stakeholders
• You are a strong communicator, written and verbal; you can write concise, thoughtful reports and cater presentations to the needs of different audiences
• You are skilled at translating findings into strategic business recommendations; you look for themes and big ideas across your work and socialize them without prompting
• You are a proactive self-starter, comfortable working within a self-directed culture
• Experience with the following is a bonus, but not required: childhood development research and youth-related trends, managing international research in markets outside the US, IP adaptation research (e.g. shows based on video games, books, etc.) and a nuanced understanding of fandoms
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personaltop of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $110,000 - $440,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.