Senior Researcher - Games Studio
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/20/2023 9:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Senior Researcher - Games Studio jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Researcher - Games Studio postings
Full Time Job
Netflix is one of the world's leading streaming entertainment services with 233 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time. As we continue on our mission to entertain the world, games present an entirely new frontier on this quest, and an incredibly exciting opportunity for our business.
To succeed in our mission, we need an unparalleled level of consumer insight to inspire and inform our nascent games initiative. Games on Netflix fundamentally shift how our members perceive and interact with our service. There is a wide range of decisions to be made for our games business, spanning product, content, marketing - and their many component teams.
We are looking for a Senior Researcher to join the Games pod within the Product Experience group of Consumer insights. This person will focus specifically on supporting our Games Studio (or content) teams and play a critical role in surfacing consumer insights to inform all aspects of game development and our overall content strategy. At its core, this role will design and execute foundational research that pushes us toward our collective goal of creative excellence for the games we provide for our members. This is a chance to jump in at the very beginning of this adventure, and the opportunity for Consumer Insights to impact critical decisions is unprecedented.
In this role, you will:
• Establish (with support) the Consumer Insights function for this new area for Netflix.
• Lead global, foundational research (qualitative and quantitative) to drive strategy for our games initiative.
• Explore gaming worldwide, uncovering opportunities for Netflix to innovate and differentiate within gaming.
• Partner closely with Games senior leadership and pertinent partner teams (Internal Studios, External Development / Sourcing, Games Strategy & Analysis, etc.)
• Drive results into impact, synthesizing and communicating insights throughout the organization (including executive leadership) with clear, compelling deliverables.
• Bring vision to a developing space, identifying the root question(s) to solve for and how to unearth insights that will inform key business decisions.
What we're looking for:
• 5 years of hands-on experience conducting primary research (agency or client-side) in games consumer research and excitement for Netflix's games initiative.
• University Degree in Social Sciences preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• Proficient in presentation, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
• Experience socializing insights at all levels of an organization, including leadership.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $110,000 - $440,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.