Senior Program Manager - Research Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is one of the world's leading streaming entertainment services with 231 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
The Netflix Consumer Insights team is looking for a Senior Program Manager, Research Operations to partner with Researchers across many areas of the business (Social, Films, Series, Product, and Games, to name a few!) and to work with external & internal partners to execute global quantitative surveys. This role sits within the Core group on the Consumer Insights team and is a centralized group with diverse functional expertise that works across many business domains and regions.
The mission of the Program Manager is to facilitate technically excellent quantitative research with multiple researchers and global vendors simultaneously, to identify and drive opportunities to innovate, and to build efficiency, which ultimately empowers Consumer Insights to deliver extraordinary insights for the company. The Research Program Manager's superpower should be to ideate, develop and scale large-scale global trackers. Success in this role will require a deep understanding of global audiences, sampling strategies, and quantitative research best practices.
You're cool under pressure and comfortable with change. You thrive on variety in your day-to-day and enjoy working with different types of people. A natural organizer, you pay attention to the details that others often overlook.
You're a pragmatic and flexible problem solver and have a gift for identifying areas of improvement. You proactively seek out areas that you can improve either in efficiency, quality or ease. Your ability to see things clearly as they are but also aspirationally as they could be and are just the person to put a plan into place to get there - be it by doing it yourself or finding the right people to partner with to get it done.
You aren't afraid to ask questions to improve your understanding and ability to take action. You remain curious and open to new ways of thinking or tackling a challenging problem.
Ultimately, you keep the team on track, and you are always two steps ahead because you have a bias towards action. You are the person others turn to to get things done.
• Partner with Researchers and other Research Operations peers to provide strategic leadership, careful planning, and first-class operational execution of global recurring surveys/trackers
• With each project, you seek to understand the research goals and flag potential constraints such as country-specific sampling considerations, contact limitations, timeline challenges, and other feasibility concerns to source the best possible research participants for each unique study.
• Create technically excellent sampling recommendations, and apply the most efficient programming workflow for each project. This will include coordinating with data analytics & management teams, localization, and legal teams.
• Partner closely with CI Research Managers to develop topic guides, stimulus materials, and sampling best practices memos that help align the global CI team on topics such as sampling, survey design, and data collection
• Gather, make sense of, and communicate research goals and context from internal local, and regional teams with partners such as data management and third-party partners to appropriately measure the success of trackers.
• Source and evaluate research new vendors and local sample providers when needed for global fieldwork
• Sync with our business partners in Legal, Information Security, and Finance Procurement to onboard and pay vendors and keep to project and team budgets
• 4 years working in a global quantitative research operations and support role in product or market research department, field company, or agency
• Must demonstrate a strong level of experience in online quantitative research methods (trackers, ad hoc research, 3rd party vendor, and sample management)
• Experience working with data science teams and recruiting methods that require the use of internal behavioral data
• Experience in project management and in managing/negotiating with vendors
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Ability to make sound independent decisions while knowing when to call out issues
• Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment
• Strong proficiency with spreadsheets & Google Suite
• Flexibility to accommodate time zones or other team members and partners globally, as needed
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $110,000 - $590,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.