Senior Program Manager, Knowledge Management
This was removed by the employer on 12/5/2022 10:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Program Manager, Knowledge Management jobs in Remote-CA
Search all Senior Program Manager, Knowledge Management postings
Full Time Job
Location flexible, California preferred
At Netflix, we're reinventing the way people are entertained. The Consumer Insights (CI) team's role in this reinvention is to uncover and amplify rich human insights to help spotlight the path forward. We believe that getting the right insights into the right hands at the right time will drive our competitive advantage and, most importantly, deliver incredible value and enjoyment for our members worldwide. To ensure that everyone can have unhindered access to these powerful insights, we are investing in an internally built knowledge management system, due to be rolled out at the start of 2023.
That's where you come in.
In peak success, you will make previously hard-to-access information accessible and highly visible. You will be a much sought-after CI colleague who helps colleagues build on previous work and provide a guiding hand towards what people need. Your success will come in three stages:
In your first six months: you will have an instrumental role in helping to launch this highly utilized internal tool, which will form the cornerstone of our Knowledge Management Strategy. You will leverage your deep expertise to advise on the final development stages and will go on to become the tools power user and lead contributor. Your championship will galvanize the adoption and usage of this tool with your Consumer Insights peers, who will in turn, promote it to their internal partners.
In your second six months: you will become the CI team's go-to expert on the best source of information across a range of resources, marrying internal knowledge generated by CI and externally purchased subscriptions. You'll achieve this by being curious and developing a deep understanding of the CI team's body of work and key secondary sources. Your value in this area will only grow with time as your knowledge deepens, your reach expands and you identify new areas to expand into.
In your second year onward: you will leverage the well-oiled knowledge management infrastructure you helped to create to start delivering on the Information Sharing component. Here you'll leverage your now developed understanding of our business operating rhythm to ensure the right information is lined up to go into the right peoples' hands at the right time - ensuring that our Consumer Insights have business impact and sit at the heart of Netflix's next generation of innovation. This will be a multi year initiative with the first year spent creating, the second year improving and the third year innovating and reimagining what's possible.
To support you on this journey, you'lll partner closely with technical colleagues who are developing this tool, CI colleagues with a deep understanding of our existing knowledge base, and a supportive Consumer Insights team who are eager for your arrival.
In this role, you will leverage your:
• Information sciences expertise: You're well versed in the theoretical and practical aspects of organizing, categorizing, connecting, and sharing knowledge.
• Ability to think systematically and scale yourself: This isn't a white glove service for the chosen few. Your ability to amplify your personal impact and develop scalable solutions which help the most people possible, will serve you well in this role.
• Mission-oriented team player mindset: While Consumer Insights is the team you're on and the data source that will be your primary focus area, our longer term goal is to develop a best in class knowledge management strategy that all of Netflix will leverage. You will generously give time and expertise to adjacent teams, knowing that a rising tide lifts all boats.
• Innovative thinking: Building our tool in-house will facilitate unprecedented capabilities and business impact. Your deep understanding of best practices, combined with an open-minded eagerness to explore unique solutions, will help us leapfrog established practices.
• Global-first Mentality: You'll consider the global Netflix community that we're part of and will ensure that solutions meet the needs of many vs. replicating or modifying a US-centric approach.
• 5 years of work experience in an equivalent Knowledge Management role.
• You've been heavily involved in the launch of a knowledge management system or the ongoing development of one.
• You have an educational background in Library and/or Information Sciences and have highly evolved skills in organizing, cataloging, categorizing, connecting and digital information management.
• You pride yourself on knowing where to go for the best information sources, you have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, and those who know you well would describe you as highly curious about a range of topics.
• You enjoy partnering with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and disciplines and connecting the dots. You're a great team player.
• You enjoy being proactively hands-on.