Senior Program Manager, Games - Operations
Full Time Job
Netflix is looking for an experienced Program Manager to join the Netflix Game Studio in delivering the next generation of video games for a worldwide audience. This role is part of the Game Operations team focused on driving the development of new games on Netflix and supporting the production team in delivering a world class platform.
The Program Manager will ensure that our large portfolio of licensed, and internally developed games, are delivered to the service on time and on budget. The role will drive operational efficiency for the games in development and live on the market, engaging with a broad array of Netflix cross-functional organizations.
Focused on Europe and especially Helsinki, this Program Manager will enable and elevate our European based development teams to operate and engage with the larger Netflix organization.
This role will partner, and collaborate, with Developers, External Production, Platform & Product, Engineering and Creative Production teams; and includes management of the entire lifecycle of the product portfolio through supporting development up to game release and the ongoing creation of engaging post-release content.
• Tracking and reviewing development progress across multiple games that will be in various stages of development
• Building productive and open relationships with our internal Development Teams, supporting functions (Platform & Mobile Product and Engineering, Creative Production, Localization and QA) and Licensing leadership
• Leading the Launch Readiness effort for the game's commercial release, and content/features thereafter to ensure engagement and partnership across the organization for game launch and live game management.
• Developing dashboards and processes to enable information flow across the organization on development status, key dates and requests for support
• Supporting the maintenance and evolution of our Game Development Framework (GDF) to ensure on-track development, identifying possible issues with the product/content development, whether that be resource challenges, time constraints, technical hurdles, or quality
• Consistently engage with leadership to identify potential issues in the development cycle, narrow down on solutions in partnership with the development teams and support resolution
• Partner with Publishing, Business Development, and Central Tech to ensure game launches are executed upon cleanly and in-line with the GDF.
• Evaluation and management of third party services for Development or other ancillary support for the Studios
• A passion to serve the needs of game developers within the Netflix organization.
• Significant experience in Project/Program Management for software development
• Experience with games across various genres from casual to core
• Experience managing projects through the development lifecycle from business case/pre-production to launch/post launch management, has worked on content development/release and live operations through the game lifecycle
• Project management on AAA games on any major platform preferred (consoles, PC, mobile)
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, preferably a mix of R&D and live
• Experience in partner management, internally or externally, working with licensors a plus
• Desirable: history of collaboration with release management, production or live operations of games.