Senior Producer, Games Studio
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/8/2023 7:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Senior Producer, Games Studio jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Producer, Games Studio postings
Full Time Job
We're a group of developers, artists, and storytellers that make games full of wonder, danger, and humor. Everyone at our studio, whether an industry vet or new voice impacts each game through collaborative feedback, mutual respect, and creative empowerment. If you want to make games that leave a meaningful impact on players: we want to hear from you.
We're looking for new teammates who deeply care about the work they do, the stories they tell, and the people they create with. As part of the Netflix team, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
PRODUCTION AT NIGHT SCHOOL
At Night School, production helps keep the art, design, story, audio, engineering, and marketing teams coordinated, collaborating, and on track to build unique and compelling narrative game experiences. Iteration and autonomy is a core production value at Night School. Where there is a gap in process or way to improve a workflow, the production team is empowered to make positive adjustments to bring about a higher quality to our development processes and ultimately our game experiences. We're always looking for ways to reduce project risk and maximize potential.
ABOUT THE JOB
The production team takes the creative goals of the development team and translates them into achievable steps to reach those goals. We anticipate and avoid pitfalls in the path toward our creative vision and technical processes. We build plans and seek alignment on strategy across all disciplines while keeping a healthy balance of scope and creative ambition. As a Senior Producer at Night School Studio, you'll be working with the production department on establishing and improving our development processes and helping guide projects from start to finish.
• Support studio developers and projects to drive vision and execution at a high quality.
• Ensure high visibility to the teams and stakeholders on the strategy and status of projects and goals.
• Mentor, motivate, support your teammates and partners by identifying and helping to remove roadblocks and project risks.
• Work with leadership on building and maintaining project timelines, production plans, and budgeting.
• Help build sustainable and scalable production foundations to empower the team to make the best games they can.
• Partner with producers and project leads to strategize around priorities, resourcing needs, etc.
• Build strong working relationships within Night School and greater Netflix Games organization.
• 8 years of game studio production experience shipping multiple games.
• Strong fluency in game development methodologies, best practices, and production systems.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills with a passion for working with creative teams.
• Skillful ability to scale up and down on day-to-day needs that range from high-level development strategy to the nitty gritty tasks.
• Proficient with project management suites Google Suite, Jira, Confluence, ClickUp, etc.
• Excellent communication, writing, analysis, and organizational skills.
• Thrives in uncertainty and an enthusiasm for working with new or bleeding edge tech stacks.
• Hands-on development experience building games as a developer and understanding of the creative and technical side of making games.
• Experience with game publishing on major platforms such as Mobile, PlayStation, Switch, Steam, Xbox, etc.
• Highly knowledgeable about the game industry from a player's and developer's perspective.
• Passionate about story-telling, video games, and video game development.
• Strengths include being goal-oriented, conscientious, tenacious, thoughtful, meticulous, organized, and being both a great listener and communicator.
• Self-starter that works well autonomously and willing to find solutions, be curious, and ask questions when needed.
• Desires to support and guide a team to achieve their goals from a ''bottom up'' rather than ''top down'' management approach.
• Filters team creative ideas, ambitions, and goals through the lens of strategy and pragmatic next steps.
• Proficient at interpersonal communication, negotiation, and diplomacy.
• Receptive to and skilled at giving and receiving critique and feedback.
• Lifelong learner who wants to bring experience and knowledge to the project and team every day.
Required Application Materials
• Required: Resume
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $120,000 - $180,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.