Senior Producer, Creative, Anime
This was removed by the employer on 10/4/2020 6:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Producer, Creative, Anime jobs in Tokyo-TY
Search all Senior Producer, Creative, Anime postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Producer, Creative, Anime?
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Producer to lead creative development for the Anime Content team in Tokyo. The Anime Creative team based in Tokyo is responsible for anime content acquisitions, original productions and programming for Netflix globally, including the Japan service.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. With an aggressive move into anime original production, it's a great time to join Netflix and bring a powerful global platform to the anime industry's top creators.
As a key member of the global anime content team based in Tokyo, you will be the creative lead for anime programming on the Netflix service for originals, co-productions to licensed titles both in Japan and ex-Japan. You will interface with anime directors, writers, designers, studios, content partners to source the very best Anime projects to execute on the Netflix anime strategy. You will work closely with the content acquisition team to close deals and advise on title selection and sourcing. As part of the content team you will be a passionate advocate for the Anime initiative amongst internal stakeholders in operations, marketing, legal both in Tokyo, LA and other offices. The successful candidate will be an experienced creative executive within the anime industry, self-motivated, proactive, be an excellent communicator, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good creative judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Initiating original anime projects and forming the most appropriate creative team to execute the ideas
• Judicious evaluation of pitches for new anime series
• Read and provide improvement notes on anime scripts, scenarios and storyboards
• Can propose and communicate effectively with anime directors, writers, animators, background and character designers, voice actors, composers across the anime production value chain
• As necessary negotiate production and licensing contracts for new releases working with the content acquisition team
• As part of anime content team be a passionate internal advocate for the anime initiative
• Provide support to downstream internal stakeholders necessary for successful product launch and marketing both in Japan and globally working collaboratively with colleagues within larger team and across disciplines
• Independently execute and use discretion to escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals
• Heavy communication internally and externally
• BA/BS Degree
• Minimum 10 years of experience producing new anime series and movies managing anime industry partner relationships preferably in a creative environment
• Proficient in English and Japanese in a fast-paced business discussion environment
• Strong desire to be a part of the TV and film industry with a particular focus on changing and innovating the global anime industry
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Apps