Senior Operations Manager, Games Studio
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We're a group of developers, artists, and storytellers that make games full of wonder, danger, and humor. Everyone at our studio, whether an industry vet or new voice impacts each game through collaborative feedback, mutual respect, and creative empowerment. If you want to make games that leave a meaningful impact on players: we want to hear from you.
We're looking for new teammates who deeply care about the work they do, the stories they tell, and the people they create with. As part of the Netflix team, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Learn how our story-loving game people came to join Netflix's team of game-loving story people.
PRODUCTION AT NIGHT SCHOOL
At Night School Studio, production helps keep the art, design, story, audio, engineering, and marketing teams coordinated, collaborating, and on track to build unique and compelling narrative game experiences. Iteration and autonomy is a core production value at Night School. Where there is a gap in process or way to improve a workflow, the production team is empowered to make positive adjustments to bring about a higher quality to our development and ultimately our game experiences. We're always looking for ways to reduce project risk and maximize potential.
ABOUT THE JOB
The production team takes the creative goals of the development team and translates them into achievable steps. We build plans and seek alignment on strategy across all disciplines while keeping a healthy balance of scope and creative ambition, ensuring that our portfolio of internally developed games are delivered to service on time and within budget.
As Senior Operations Manager at Night School Studio, you'll be focused on driving operational efficiency for games from development to live production. You will regularly engage with Netflix cross-functional organizations. As our studio grows, you'll help shape the fundamental strategies around how we operate as a cohesive unit inside of Netflix Games.
• Partner with studio leadership to develop and execute a multi-year project and studio operations strategy inclusive of past, present, and future titles.
• Maintain a working studio and project budget system and work with internal finance partners on forecasting resource needs.
• Partner with senior leadership to drive the annual planning process, including production priorities, budgets, and scope of projects across our portfolio.
• Strategize with internal leadership and Netflix analytics teams to develop dashboards and reports for internal stakeholders, and create processes to enable information flow across the organization on development status, performance, cost reporting, and standards of excellence for data reporting across all games.
• Partner with studio leadership and managers on internal hiring strategies to help us continue to build an amazing team.
• Build meaningful systems to streamline internal team resourcing across multiple projects.
• Continuously evaluate, identify, and seek to implement creative solutions for complex problems and/or issues with product development and internal operations across all projects.
• Work with internal stakeholders on external vendor sourcing, relationships, management, and business needs.
• Develop and maintain a framework and strategy for supporting existing in-market titles against the priorities of new development.
• 8 years of game production experience with fluency in development methodology and best practices.
• 4 years of operational management experience, preferable within a game development studio.
• Have shipped at least 3 games and strongly understand the process from inception to post-launch product support.
• Strong fluency in game studio and project budgeting, resourcing and forecasting.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills with a passion for working with creative teams.
• Skillful ability to solve complex qualitative and quantitative issues in the course of day-to-day work.
Nice to Haves
• Bachelor in Finance, Business, Human Resources, or the equivalent work experience is preferred but not required.
• Experience working on game titles with long-tail content updates post-launch or a live service.
• Multi-platform experience with consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices.
• Passionate about story-telling, video games, and video game development.
• Strengths include being goal oriented, conscientious, tenacious, thoughtful, meticulous, and being a great listener, communicator and negotiator.
• Self-starter willing to find or build solutions to all types of issues and willing to ask questions when needed.
• Receptive to and skilled at giving and receiving critique and feedback.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $120,000 - $200,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.