Senior Manager, Us International Tax Compliance
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Are you looking for a leadership role in managing a US international tax compliance function? Are you inspired to be an integral member of an evolving, fast-paced company? Can you think strategically to evaluate compliance processes, automation tools and make recommendations to improve collaboration across a finance organization? If yes, we would love to speak with you.
We are seeking a Senior International Tax Manager, reporting to the Director of International Tax, to lead the US international tax compliance function. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and analytical skills, strong organizational and communication skills, and be detail-oriented. In this role, you will need to be a self-starter who is comfortable analyzing tax issues, developing tax compliance strategies, communicating and collaborating with cross-functional business partners and leading a team of US international tax compliance professionals. A successful candidate will be able to manage and design workflows that involve multiple cross-functional stakeholders and build relationships within Tax and across the company to fulfill our dynamic international tax compliance obligations.
• Manage the US international tax compliance function including US outbound withholding taxes
• Lead the development and enhancement of methodologies and tools to quantify, maintain, and track our US international tax attributes including basis and E&P
• Partner with systems, accounting, tax provision and tax planning team to enhance tools and methodologies to maintain core US international tax computations including BEAT, FDII, GILTI and FTC
• Liaise across tax, finance, treasury, legal, and with external advisers to ensure compliance with US international income and US withholding tax reporting requirements and assess areas of risk
• Manage and evaluate improvements to our US withholding tax workflows and compliance processes including partnering with business stakeholders to advise on US withholding tax requirements on deals
• Research tax issues and prepare technical memos and documentation to support our reporting positions
• Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation along with tax planning projects to assist the Director of International Tax with defining and implementing appropriate reporting obligations
• 10 years of relevant experience, including public accounting and/or industry experience
• CPA, JD or Masters in Taxation preferred but not required
• Solid understanding of fundamental US international tax and US withholding tax principles
• Proficient in Google and/or Microsoft Office applications including advanced features of Excel, and tax research software and tools
• Self-starter with strong quantitative and analytical skills with an ability to quickly bridge technical requirements and conceptualize and define workflows and to innovate and improve processes
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.