Senior Manager - Global Controversy
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2021 5:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Manager - Global Controversy jobs in Los Gatos-CA
Search all Senior Manager - Global Controversy postings
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Are you looking for a leadership role in global tax controversy? Are you interested in working with global taxing authorities? Do you enjoy analyzing complex technical issues and working with cross-functional partners to help navigate the changing world of tax controversy? We'd love to speak with you!
Our global tax controversy team serves a central part in the success of our business. We are seeking a Senior Manager of Global Controversy, reporting to our VP of International Tax, to provide US and global coordination of various income tax audits. The ideal candidate will have deep subject matter expertise in U.S. tax procedure. Equally important, the candidate should have experience with foreign tax controversies and a recognition of the importance in partnering with local tax managers to produce an optimal outcome. In this role, you will need to be a self-starter who is skillful in analyzing tax issues, developing tax controversy strategies, and communicating and collaborating with cross-functional business partners with varying backgrounds and levels of experience. A successful candidate will be able to manage complex workflows that involve multiple stakeholders and build strong relationships within Tax and across the company in addition to developing relationships with various taxing authorities.
• Liaise with Netflix's tax compliance and reporting, transfer pricing, regional and tax planning teams to ensure our tax audits are properly managed, and to provide regular updates regarding audit status;
• Support the day-to-day operations of U.S. federal income tax audits and directly manage the company's relationship with the IRS;
• Review and coordinate the response to Information Document Requests and Requests For Information from taxing authorities;
• Interact with tax colleagues on a regular basis to understand, discuss, and assist in bringing resolution to complex tax issues;
• Assist in the development of methodologies to quantify and maintain tracking tools regarding our global tax risk;
• Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as external advisors to ensure complete and timely flow of information and resolution of tax audits;
• Coordinate with subject matter experts (SMEs) as well as conduct research on a broad range of US, international and transfer pricing tax matters to support positions taken on tax returns;
• Research complex tax issues, prepare technical documentation and assist on special projects and provide assistance, as needed;
• Coordinate with SMEs to consider impact of legislative and other relevant changes to tax audits; and
• Administratively support global tax controversy matters.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Juris Doctor
• 12 years of relevant tax experience in a public accounting firm, law firm and/or a corporate environment
• Solid understanding of fundamental U.S. and international corporate income tax
• Appreciation of indirect tax, employment tax, and property tax concepts
• Experience with U.S. and global controversy matters, including audits
• Self-starter with ability to juggle multiple projects and produce high quality work product in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact cross-functionally and with external advisors
• The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility. You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.