Senior Level Designer
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2023 2:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Senior Level Designer jobs in Remote-CA
Search all Senior Level Designer postings
Full Time Job
We're looking for a seasoned, highly-skilled Senior Level Designer to construct the in-game arenas, pathways, and play spaces that will foster incredibly fun, moment-to-moment core gameplay for a new multiplayer game project. The right candidate will bring industry-leading craft expertise, attention to detail, and an intentional, active curiosity.
We're a small, scrappy team with big ambitions, and an obsession to deliver memorable game moments that leave players telling their own stories for years to come. We're looking for new teammates who care deeply about the experiences they create and the people they make them with. Those who bias towards action and are energized by the learning that comes with bold experimentation at an agile pace. As a part of Netflix, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Now is an amazing time to join Netflix as we seek to entertain the world. We have over 230 million paid members in over 190 countries, and we won't stop there.
• Build and iterate on vast, compelling gameplay spaces from initial block-in to final layout in Unity.
• Populate areas in-engine with destructibles, interactable services, and NPCs.
• Maintain and develop technical authoring standards for level design.
• Work with engineers to develop a robust pipeline for rapid level design iteration.
• Collaborate with teammates by providing and receiving creative/team feedback, plus'ing others' creative contributions, and providing clear goals with intentionally desired outcomes.
• Assist in project planning and scoping to help the team set and deliver against achievable milestone goals.
The Ideal Candidate
• Has shipped multiple games in a level design-focused role
• Possesses a deep understanding of level design theory and practices, especially as it relates to MOBA and APRG gameplay.
• Is experienced:
-Designing for top-down or 2.5D cameras (MOBAs or ARPGs)
-Using proprietary terrain sculpting tools (Unreal, Unity, Maya, etc)
-Planning layouts in Illustrator, Photoshop, Miro, etc.
-Leveraging procedural environment creation tools (Houdini, Gaea, etc.)
-Considering varied approaches for multiple platforms, including touch.
• Thrives as a member of a cross-functional multidisciplinary team
• Communicates with authenticity, intention, and curiosity
• Gets excited by learning new skills, dashing to pitch in, even if this means flexing beyond this role's core responsibilities if it can help us win
• Plays broadly across multiple games of varied genres
• Works effectively off-site on shared projects
As part of the application process, please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application so that we can review your work.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $275,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.