Senior Financial Analyst, Residuals
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst, Residuals - Features
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for Residuals to be a key member in our Contingent Compensation Department. Residuals are additional compensation paid to talent for the reuse of content beyond the use covered by their initial compensation based on collective bargaining agreements with various guilds/unions, i.e. SAG-AFTRA, DGA, and WGA.
In this role, you are expected to have a strong understanding of the technical side of residuals and be a Residual subject matter expert. You will have the opportunity to help guide the team as well as provide guidance to business partners in both small and large meeting formats. You will also actively contribute to the testing and implementation of our new system and help build out our audit program. Your day to day will also include interpreting and analyzing legal and financial source documents to determine residual obligations in accordance with various guilds, unions and production service agreements and execute accordingly. This involves calculating, preparing and processing residuals in a timely manner, and preparing and managing financial forecasting of residual obligations.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Forecast, set-up, pay and report residual liabilities timely and accurately, while supporting the rest of the team as needed.
• Liaise with Production Accountants to gather required information for residual payment setups and implement process efficiencies as the process evolves.
• Analyze and interpret production and distribution contracts for residual liability and advise as a residual subject-matter expert within your vertical.
• Work with third party payment processor(s) to provide relevant setup data, and ensure complete and accurate setup for payment purposes and co-lead weekly calls with other SFA.
• Actively contribute to testing and implementation of new systems related to process improvements, efficiency, and standardization
• Effectively manage guild/internal audits and communicate regularly with auditors.
• Lead tactical and strategic projects for the team.
• Actively help onboard, develop and coach new hires.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
• BA/BS in accounting, finance, business administration or similar degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 years of entertainment industry experience in residuals required. New Media residuals experience is a plus.
• Strong residuals document preparation, processing and reporting experience.
• Proficient knowledge of residual guild agreements. Must be able to comprehend and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
• Excellent Excel & Google web based program skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive, organized and self-sufficient.
• Keen judgement to make sound independent decisions and to prioritize projects effectively.
• Must be able to work independently and cross-functionally with business partners.
• Flexible with evolving processes and able to work in a fast -paced environment.
• Effectively collaborate inclusively and authentically within the team and with business partners.