Senior Financial Analyst, Residuals
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 117 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 140 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. We plan to spend $8 billion on content this year, making us one of the largest content providers in the world.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to work in our Residuals Department. In this role, your key responsibilities will be interpreting and analyzing legal and financial source documents to determine residual obligations in accordance with various guilds, unions and production service agreements. Additionally, you will calculate, prepare and process residuals in an effective, efficient and timely manner. Lastly, you will estimate and assist in accruing residual obligations.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team
About the role:
• Forecast, set-up, pay and report residual liabilities.
• Administer residual calculations and payments for owned original content.
• Work closely with the Production Finance to provide residual financial estimates.
• Partner with Legal & Labor Relations on Guild/Talent issues.
• Analyze and interpret production and distribution contracts for residual liability.
• Act as liaison with associated guilds by researching and responding to various written correspondence and oral inquiries pertaining to residual payments from the guilds, talent, and management while ensuring compliance with the AMPTP Basic Agreements.
• Calculate ultimate residual projections.
• Liaise with Production Accountants to gather required information for residual payment setups.
• Transfer relevant setup data to the third party payment processor.
• Participate in the testing and implementation of new system.
• Prepare and maintain accrued residual liability schedule.
• Interface with auditors, both internal and external, in support of various audits.
• We find that individuals who quickly obtained a Manager level at a studio or production company are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you're a Manager or a rising Manager, we'd love to talk to you!
• BA/BS in accounting, finance or similar degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 4 years of entertainment industry experience required, with at least 2 years in Residuals department.
• Residuals document preparation, processing and reporting experience.
• Must be able to comprehend and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent Microsoft Office Excel & Google web based programs
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient.
• Possess and retain a high level of knowledge on both current and future residuals rules and regulations as they are implemented.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions/ departments.
• New Media residuals experience is a plus.
• Passion for the Entertainment Industry.