Senior Counsel, Kids & Family - Feature Animation
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 125 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix around the globe to virtually all countries and we're excited to bring even more of our programming to our viewers around the globe.
Netflix seeks an experienced business and legal affairs attorney to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the development, production and acquisition of Netflix's kids and family programming. The successful candidate will work with the company's Kids and Family Programming Content team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements necessary to develop and produce the company's feature animation films, as well as license programming from a wide array of domestic and international content providers. This is a unique opportunity to help shape our developing kids programming strategy and make decisions that have both business and legal impacts. The successful candidate will have extensive business and legal affairs experience with feature animation films, and will be excited about handling projects from beginning to end.
The successful candidate will have at least ten years of business and legal affairs experience, preferably at a major network or studio. Confidence and expertise in development and production, including structuring and negotiating rights agreements, above-the-line talent agreements, and production services agreements, along with strong drafting skills are a must. Experience with content licensing is a plus, but not required.
The successful candidates will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.