Senior Content Accountant - Studio Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/22/2021 5:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Content Accountant - Studio Operations jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Content Accountant - Studio Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Content Accountant - Studio Operations?
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Are you curious and invested in and looking to contribute to automated workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy reviewing and analyzing large data that are used in critical business decisions? If yes, it's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. As we continue our rapid expansion in creating owned content, we are looking for an individual to join our Studio Operations Accounting team.
This role provides you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service. If you are someone with a curious mindset and have a love for analyzing big data sets and automating workflows, we'd love to speak with you!
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience - we'd like you to have 6 years of experience under your belt (some public accounting is preferred) backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance; CPA license is preferred.
• Attention to detail love for data - We pride ourselves on producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems and questions; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
• Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for designing and building new accounting systems and making improvements to existing systems. Prior work with contract review (revenue, leases, or other complex documents), data entry and analysis, research, and other problem-solving tasks is helpful.
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
• Collaborate inclusively - Partner with team members and authentically recognize, understand, and appreciate differences, and connect across these differences by being mutually adaptive.
• Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
• Industry experience in a studio environment is a plus, but not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position and capable of learning quickly.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
• Based in Hollywood, and part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company's studio accounting and reporting; areas include visual effects, studio overhead, insurance, creative services, and post production.
• Preparation and review of monthly accounting entries, reconciliations, CFO metrics, and other ad hoc analysis.
• Review legal agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Account for our capitalized overhead and work closely with numerous other Netflix teams to align on business understanding and applicability under US GAAP.
• Drive process improvements and own projects such as accounting policy review, risk analysis and SOX controls, finance systems design and testing, metrics dashboard and reporting, and more.
• Cross-functional interaction with teams in Los Gatos (GL/financial reporting, IT/finance systems, data science and reporting) and Los Angeles (legal, production finance, creative, content planning and analysis, content operations).
As Netflix continues its content expansion, the accounting complexity is growing. We face new challenges on a daily basis, and we're looking for accountants eager to join us!