Senior 3D Character Artist - Games Studio
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We're looking for a talented and seasoned Senior 3D Character Artist to develop stylized models and textures for the rich cast of heroes and villains in our new R&D game project. Leveraging your artistic eye and technical skills, you will partner with a multidisciplinary team of artists, designers, and engineers to develop an experience filled with diverse personalities and epic adventures.
We're a small, scrappy team with big ambitions, and an obsession to create memorable game moments that leave players telling their own stories for years to come. We're looking for new teammates who care deeply about the experiences they create and the people they make them with. Those who bias towards action and are energized by the learning that comes with bold experimentation at an agile pace. As a part of Netflix, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Now is an amazing time to join Netflix as we seek to entertain the world. We have over 200 million paid members in over 190 countries, and we won't stop there.
• Model, sculpt, unwrap, and create materials and textures for stylized, 3D characters that are animation-ready
• Contribute to rapid prototyping and early visualization efforts
• Work closely with the art director to establish a consistent 3D character art style
• Interpret concept art while keeping technical limitations and gameplay needs in mind
• Be an advocate for our character pipeline
• Collaborate with teammates by providing and receiving creative/team feedback with the team's collective goals in mind
• Participate in daily playtesting
The Ideal Candidate
• Has expertise in:
• Hand-painted and PBR character pipelines
• Creating a wide variety of characters and creatures with strong silhouettes
• Digital painting or creating painterly characters
• Content creation tools, such as Maya/Max, Substance, and Photoshop
• Experience within Unity and/or Unreal
• Mobile and/or cross-platform development experience
• Has shipped multiple games in 3D character-focused role
• Is a master of human and animal anatomy
• Thrives as a member of a cross functional multidisciplinary team
• Is energized by learning and problem-solving
• Excels in online collaboration with a remote or hybrid team
• Communicates with authenticity, intention, and curiosity
As part of the application process, please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application so that we can review your work. Your work samples should demonstrate your skill and understanding of 3D modeling, material representation, and anatomy.