Screen Credits Coordinator
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 150 Million subscribers, edgy original shows and movies, and breakfast burrito Wednesdays, working at Netflix today is more exciting than ever. People around the globe, in over 190 countries, are eagerly awaiting our next gripping show to binge, film to open their horizons and comedy special to leave them in stitches. Pivoting from our DVD-mailing origins, we continue to expand our studio, original productions and online entertainment experience. Our evolution is a prime example of the bold innovation that goes on within our offices; we're shaking up the industry and have so much more to achieve. If you're ready for the challenges and rewards of working at Netflix, then read on!
Netflix is seeking an experienced Screen Credits Coordinator.
Working at Netflix with the Screen Credits Team is really cool. Take it from the esteemed website Inverse.com --- Not to brag, but our team ranked #5 on the Coolest Jobs at Netflix list.
We're looking for someone who has 3 years of professional experience preferably in a Legal field, such as contract administration, Film and/or TV Production or Post Production . Basic understanding of the various Guild and Union credit requirements is a big plus. The ability to read and understand contracts is also a great advantage. Most importantly we're looking for a strong Netflix culture fit.
Some of the job responsibilities include:
• Coordinate with production, outside counsel, and various internal and external teams (e.g., post, legal, creative, business affairs, clearances, music, etc) during production and post regarding all aspects of screen credits. There's no siloed departments here -- we work on our projects together!
• Review project-specific contracts to create screen credit obligations statements. Summarizing long form agreements is imperative to our workflow so that we know which contractual credits demand our attention.
• Review and coordinate approval of main and end titles for each project to ensure contractual and Guild compliance. If you enjoy solving a good puzzle, this is up your alley.
• Seek innovative solutions to Guild and contractual credit restrictions. It's easy to say NO, so why not find the path to yes?!
• Coordinate submission and manage credit determination/arbitration process of WGA Notice of Tentative Writing Credits. Obtain Guild/Union screen credit waivers and approvals as necessary. We're all about doing things outside the box, but sometimes when it comes to the guilds & unions playing by the rules is important to maintain positive relationships.
• Review and approve final screen credits to ensure delivery meets the applicable deadlines. This is serious business, our subscribers are waiting!
• Build and update forms and templates to improve the efficiency of the team. Bring your ideas!
• Educate internal teams on Guild and Union credit requirements/restrictions. Things are ever evolving at Netflix, and making sure we're aligned is key to efficiency. And loving to learn is a tool that's required at Netflix.
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills:
• Clear and concise communication - Are you the friend who coordinates and disseminates plans with the focus of an air traffic controller?
• Keen attention to detail and good judgment - You love to dig into the specifics of a project with the eagle eye of an auditor, but you know when to look at the big picture.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment - Are you the type of person who needs someone to micromanage each part of your day and tasks? Need not apply.
• Flexible, innovative, and solution driven team player - Do you hate superfluous hierarchy and bureaucracy? Do you love to pitch in to brainstorm solutions when new challenges arise? Yes? Perfect.