Retail Business Development Manager, Consumer Products
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Manager, Retail Business Development & Distribution to support retail business development across the UCAN region (US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand). You will work closely with local cross-functional teams, with the overall goal of ensuring that Netflix consumer products are an extension of title brand campaigns and delivering on our promise to create fan joy.
• Own retail development of our content across all categories (eg. toys, collectibles, apparel, consumables, etc) through ownership of relationship with retailers inclusive of buyers, marketers and other key cross-functional teams.
• Be a champion of the opportunity, vision, pitch and message with regards to our retail strategy.
• Develop go-to-market plans (consumer, trade and retail marketing) with an audience- first approach, across retail partners that lead to strong demand for our licensed products.
• Be informed of the priorities and complexities of cross-functional teams (e.g. content, marketing, publicity, PR, social, etc.) and understand how consumer products benefits and supports other teams' work.
A Typical Day Might Include:
• Responding to the needs of the business and corresponding with retail partners, agents and licensees via email, phone or in-person.
• Reviewing upcoming titles and working with the Merchandise Brand Strategy team to gain a deep understanding of our content roster
• Attending meetings with other Netflix marketing teams to build internal relationships and gain regional expertise
• Meeting with agency partners to ensure consumer product programs are unique, innovative, and complementary to local marketing priorities
• Partner with various analytical teams to review performance metrics to analyze trends, and provide recommendations for winning consumer-facing initiatives
• Gather and act upon regular feedback from local teams who are accountable for the implications of local retail activations
What we need from you:
• Demonstrated, 8 years of experience in building and owning the end-to-end licensing function at a reputable entertainment brand (studio, gaming, agency)
• Passionate and curious about retail, design, and content
• Extremely organized, effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Agile, goal-oriented, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge
• A natural and deep affection for film and television
• Bachelor's or advanced degree (preferred)
• Deep engagement competency and ability to work with multiple, disparate stakeholders to achieve the best outcome for Netflix. You can read more about our company culture here.
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are pursuing consumer products and associated promotion because we believe it will drive meaningful show awareness/buzz with more tangible, curated ways to interact with our most popular content and in effect, drive long term value. We want merchandise, interactive games, and experiences to help promote our titles and build them into title brands, or franchises, so they become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time.