Retail Business Development Manager
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Retail Business Development Manager, Consumer Products
It's an amazing time to join Netflix! We have grown to over 130 million members worldwide that are genuinely engaged with our brand and original content. We are building a consumer products division to create new avenues for global consumers to interact with Netflix's original programming. Our approach promotes title awareness while also enabling our IPs to become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time.
We are looking for a Retail Business Development Manager to lead retail business development in UCAN (US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand). You will work closely with local cross-functional teams, with the overall goal of ensuring that Netflix consumer products are an extension of title brand campaigns and delivering on our promise to create fan joy.
• Lead the strategy, vision, and day-to-day retail planning needs of all assigned key accounts in your region.
• Be an expert of your regions internally and externally. This includes being knowledgeable of the retail and media landscape, being lock-step with Netflix country-specific strategies and priorities, and staying on top of local culture.
• Build strong, collaborative relationships in your territory and be the face of Netflix Consumer Products to local retailers and licensees.
• Be informed of the priorities and complexities of cross-functional teams (e.g. content, marketing, publicity, PR, social, etc.) and understand how consumer products benefits and supports other teams' work.
A Typical Day Might Include:
• Collaborating with your creative counterparts to build amazing programs at retail that generate earned media and word of mouth. This includes unique, fan-centric product assortments, compelling merchandising strategies, and disruptive retailer marketing.
• Reviewing upcoming titles and working with the Consumer Products Brand Strategy team to gain a deep understanding of our content roster.
• Attending meetings with Netflix UCAN Marketing, Social, and/or Consumer PR to build internal relationships and gain regional expertise.
• Leading meetings with agency partners to ensure consumer product programs are unique, innovative, and complementary to local marketing priorities.
• Responding to the needs of the business and corresponding with retail partners, agents and licensees via email, phone or in-person.
• Gathering data and insights on the UCAN retail market, visiting territories and looking for new opportunities that will benefit Netflix.
• Partner with various analytical teams to review performance metrics to analyze trends, and provide recommendations for winning consumer-facing initiatives.
• Seek feedback from cross-functional teams who are accountable for the implications of retail activations.
• You are passionate and curious about retail, design, and content
• You are a proactive self-starter who does not need to be told what to do and when to do it. You find creative solutions to challenges and you're not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• You are an extremely organized, effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• You are agile, goal-oriented, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge
• You have a natural and deep affection for movies and television
• BA/BS required
• 7 years work experience in the entertainment industry or relevant consumer products business
• Strong communication and analytical skills as well as the ability to think strategically
• A formidable creative sensibility and drive to take informed risks, experiment, and change the retail landscape.
• Experience working with retailers or even better, for a retailer
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read the culture memo. If it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join our dream team.