Publicity Manager - Korea
Full Time Job
Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across TV series, films, documentaries, comedy, and more. Our members have control over what they watch, when, and where, all with no commercials. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment. If you are a talented public relations professional with a passion for content and entertainment, keep reading.
We are looking to hire a creative Publicity Manager to join our team in Korea. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will be well versed in entertainment and publicity, and external relations including the experience of working closely with influencers as well.
The Publicity Manager will work across the Netflix slate, including both our Korean and international slates. They will drive innovative publicity campaigns for our originals that span across all genres from action blockbusters to rom-coms, comedy to kids, and family.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and understand the market. They will also not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions, and suggest better approaches; they will make tough decisions without agonizing and will be candid and direct. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers.
• The day-to-day responsibilities will include but are not limited to, formulating and implementing publicity strategies for Korea, leading publicity campaigns on Korean content productions, creative brainstorming, liaising with journalists, influencers, talent representatives, and talent, writing press releases, managing set visits and nominations, scheduling junkets, implementing screening strategy and managing agencies on key campaigns.
• These roles can be managed independently or/and in partnership with other publicists in the team.
• Drive innovative publicity campaigns for our Korea originals and our incredible slate of locally relevant shows from all around the world to drive our business in Korea
• Tell creative single title and multi-title storytelling, and outside-the-box campaigns that spark conversations
• Build and maintain great relationships with internal and external stakeholders including reporters, talent representatives, talent/showrunners, and our partners
• Act as a liaison to communicate with XF partners (content, production management, marketing, E&P etc) to create impactful announcement for multi-title & slate event ((e.g-Tudum, See What's next)
• Write press releases and editorial plans
• Plan and manage set visits and press conferences
• Assist with talent travel needs
• Update and maintain various publicity-related tools, databases, and trackers
• Prepare materials for awards & festival submissions
• Manage agency
• Have 8 years of experience in PR/marketing within the entertainment industry or adjacent industries
• Think strategically, and be able to clearly communicate priorities and goals to stakeholders
• Be effective Understand Korea's entertainment landscape and stakeholders (studios, production partners, talent reps, etc)
• Have a strong network of relationships with showrunners and partners
• Be an all-rounder with an ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organization across different time zones
• Be a self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out new/innovative campaigns
• Love entertainment and be excited to deliver stories that showcase Korean content to people all over the world
• Has a strong bias-to-action and can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes
• An independent thinker with the ability for innovation and new ideas, making the leap from information to insight
• Effective communicator and writer (we love debates and memos)
• Flourishes in a 'hands-on' role, adding value at different levels
• Is strong in detail and highly organized
• Fluency in English and Korean required
A strong believer in our culture. We live by our values, so it's worth learning more about them at jobs.netflix.com/culture.