Public Affairs Manager, APAC
Full Time Job
Netflix, the world's leading Internet-television network, is seeking an individual to join its growing APAC public policy team. This person will have responsibility for managing and implementing government relations and public policy events directly relevant to the operation and growth of Netflix's business in Asia.
Netflix is seeking an APAC Public Affairs Manager to plan and manage policy focused initiatives , that will include organising opportunities to engage policy & industry stakeholders, e.g. screenings, premieres, workshops and roundtables. The role will also involve identifying research insights and working with third party stakeholders to support regional campaigns/programs. The role will be based in Singapore and would focus on events in Singapore as well as throughout APAC.
This role would be centered around the below key activities:
• Organising large and small policy events in the region focused on explaining our service, sector and our investments in Asian content to APAC stakeholders
• Collaborating with our APAC Events and Publicity to scope-out potential events to showcase Netflix talent and content consistent with brand and policy goals
• Overseeing external teams and agencies hired for specific events
• Crafting policy messaging, coordinating & briefing talent and senior executives participating in these events
• Working cross-functionally with a number of teams including corporate communications, legal, marketing.
• Managing guest lists and outreach to ensure policy stakeholder engagement and attendance
Ideal hire has:
• Fluent in at least one other regional language, as well as English
• At least 5 years of experience working in corporate/public affairs/events in Singapore and/or other APAC countries
• An understanding of diplomatic and political dynamics between regional institutions (e.g. ASEAN), national government, civil society groups, and thought leaders across Asia Pacific .
• Strong relationship with thought leaders and diverse groups and stakeholders in the policy community in Asia Pacific