Project Manager, International Tax Planning and Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Are you looking for a leadership role in project management of international tax planning projects? Are you curious about and looking to contribute to implementing tax planning strategies? Do you enjoy working with cross-functional partners to implement tax projects? If yes, we would love to speak with you.
Our International Tax team serves a central part in the success of our business. We are seeking a Project Manager, reporting to the Director of International Tax, to provide project management leadership for our tax planning projects. The ideal candidate will have Tax and Accounting technical and analytical skills, strong organizational and communication skills, and excellent attention to detail. In this role, you will need to be a self-starter who is skillful in managing large-scale complex projects, and communicating and collaborating with cross-functional business partners with varying backgrounds and levels of experience. A successful candidate will be able to manage complex workflows that involve multiple stakeholders and build strong relationships within Tax and across the company.
Project managing and overseeing operational execution of Tax planning projects, including but not limited to:
• Identifying all operational teams impacted by the project
• Drafting and maintaining the overall project plan, and identifying all key dependencies in order to meet project deadline
• Driving cross-functional issues to resolution
• Frequently checking in with cross-functional leads to ensure that all operational teams are tracking to deadlines and milestones are being completed
• Driving and scheduling all cross-functional meetings
• Identifying and communicating issues to the broader cross-functional teams for resolution
Responsible for operational execution of new legal entities
• Ensuring process for each new entity request is followed
• Ensuring cross-functional alignment to ensure seamless execution for entity creations
• Driving cross functional issues to resolution
• Alignment of global tax teams and coordination of resolution of issues with cross-functional partners as it relates to our tax structure and strategy
• Tax point of contact for projects driven by other groups
• 10 years of relevant experience, including public accounting, law firm, and/or industry experience, including managing large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders
• JD, CPA, or Masters in Taxation preferred but not required
• Strong understanding of both Tax and Accounting concepts and operational aspects
• Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to senior management
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility. Go to jobs.netflix.com to learn more about the Netflix culture and the opportunity available in this role.