NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Program Manager, (NETFX)
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 167 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Producing quality VFX content at scale, efficiently and with less friction is a challenge that requires fresh thinking. NetFX is an in-house visual effects production hub that allows artists and productions to optimize work output on a global scale. This unique division provides streamlined VFX tools and resources to create, connect, and collaborate with productions anywhere in the world. NetFX pairs artist talent from around the world with the broad production slate to increase schedule flexibility and offer competitive market rates.
The successful candidate has the ability to manage organizational growth and multiple interconnected projects with varying timelines and deliverables. They know what it takes to support world class product that services a global network of VFX artists and a wide range of buying teams and content verticals.
This is truly a unique role and will partner with cross-functional teams across all of Netflix from studio engineering to creative technologies and infrastructure and pretty much everything in between.
• Liaise with technical program managers, key engineering stakeholders and visual effects representatives to ensure program milestones are achieved in a timely manner
• Oversee multiple cross-functional initiatives and develop mid and long term goals focused on strategic outcomes
• Develop thorough logistics plan for organizational expansion into new territories
• Collaborate with intelligent marketplace stakeholders to ensure development milestones are on schedule.
• Determine how best to use platform data to provide ratings and performance feedback for artists
• Identify the most critical program path that supports platform agility and flexibility
• 5 years of technical program and operations management preferably in a software, gaming or a studio/production environment
• Highly technical and effective communicator able to manage complex tasks cross functionally, perform in-depth strategic analysis and provide executive recommendations with thoughtful support
• Skilled in developing process solutions and creatively applying them in operational problems
• Able to consolidate multiple program schedule targets into an organized system (Jira/Asana)
• Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Motivated, disciplined, and able to work autonomously
• Up to date on new production technologies, able to adapt them to new trends and incorporating them with minimal guidance
• Familiarity in network/internet infrastructure and management solutions
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them