Program Manager, Production Health & Safety
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Netflix Production Health and Safety Program Manager will ensure that our UCAN Production Health and Safety programs meet the needs of our productions, and are developed and delivered to teams ready for implementation. Reporting to the Director of Production Health and Safety, this role partners closely with a wide range of cross-functional partners including Production Management, Production HR, Employment Legal, Risk Management, and Production Security.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail.
• The Program Manager will ensure that our UCAN Production Health and Safety programs (including our IIPP and other legally required programs) are developed, delivered, and updated to meet our organizational needs.
• The role will drive operational efficiency for programs in development, currently in use and needing updating, engaging with a broad array of Netflix cross-functional organizations.
• This role will partner, and collaborate, with Production Health and Safety teams, Corporate and Studio EHS teams, Production Management, Production HR, Employment Legal, Risk Management, and Production Security teams; and includes management of the entire lifecycle of the Production Health and Safety programs.
• Tracking and reviewing Production Health and Safety programs including identifying where improvements should be made.
• Developing and leading communication plans for successful deployment of Production Health and Safety Programs, considering internal and external stakeholders, including unions and industry associations.
• Consistently engage with colleagues, leadership, and external partners to identify opportunities for improving the Production Health and Safety programs.
• Master's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Physical Sciences, related major or equivalent experience.
• A passion to serve the needs of Production within the Netflix organization
• Significant experience in Project/Program Management for Environment, Health and Safety, including working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience managing programs and projects through the development lifecycle from hazard anticipation/identification to business case to launch/post-launch management.
• Significant experience using technology platforms and databases for EHS program management
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, possess an abundance of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a great sense of humor
• Self-starter and fast learner that can work independently while using impeccable judgment
• Understanding of motion picture and television production processes including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt, and special effects techniques, etc. is a plus.
• Experience in partnering and engaging with risk owners to fully understand health and safety considerations within an overall decision-making process.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Chartered IOSH Membership or other related certification a plus.