Program Manager, Financial Planning Systems
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Corporate Strategy, Planning, and Analysis (SP&A) team at Netflix is responsible for company-wide financial planning, forecasting, and strategic analysis. Financial planning at Netflix is spread across teams that are functionally aligned (e.g., there's a Content planning team that focuses on planning/forecasting for Content, a Marketing planning team that focuses on Marketing, and so on). The Corporate SP&A team partners closely with all of these teams, among others, to create a comprehensive consolidated financial and operational outlook. Additionally, we drive the analysis and reporting for senior leadership to understand how the company is performing at the global consolidated level.
We're looking for a Program Manager who will partner with the Corporate SP&A team to drive our project roadmap as we continue to shape and manage the global planning process. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver with the keen ability to proactively diagnose our team's operational needs. You will help identify gaps between where we are and where we need to be, resulting in a roadmap to get us there. This position is based in our corporate headquarters in Los Gatos and reports to the VP of Corporate SP&A.
include, but aren't limited to:
• Design and implement strategies that help minimize friction across SP&A, and to ensure that all team members are working as productively and effectively as possible
• Work alongside cross-functional partners to drive solutions aimed to enhance or replace financial systems (or applications) while improving efficiency, data integrity, and maintaining a strong internal control environment
• Drive the full life cycle of team projects from ideation to execution, and through change management. Deep experience in successfully managing teams through change is a must.
• Present regular updates to stakeholders regarding the status of projects, offering options to address critical issues, while adhering to project timelines and budgets
• Take charge of all project goals, using all available resources to achieve the set goals, even when faced with resourcing constraints
• Own the communication of upstream and downstream dependencies on the end to end systematic planning process, with an acute focus on scale and efficiency
• 10 years' experience in Accounting and/or FP&A with direct experience in systems implementations & enhancements
• Track record of successful project management driving finance related process improvement and change management initiatives
• Both technical and advanced user knowledge of Essbase, Anaplan, Workday, and other Financial Planning platforms used to enhance financial predictability & accuracy
• An innovative approach to project management, and a passion for developing strong partnerships with clients and stakeholders
• A highly detailed individual with a sense of urgency and strong prioritization skills
• Confidence in making difficult trade-offs and ability to effectively communicate results to all levels throughout the organization
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or other quantitative field; PMP designation preferred