Program Management Lead - Cloud, Games - Operations
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is looking for an experienced Program Management Lead to join the Netflix Game Studio to help deliver the next generation of video games to a worldwide audience. This role is a part of the Game Operations team, and will be responsible for driving delivery of cloud streaming games in partnership with the Game Studios, Product and Engineering teams.
The Program Management Lead will be responsible for driving the studio-side roadmap for cloud gaming, developer tools, and other platform features and capabilities as well as influencing and being the Game Studio owner for the combined roadmap between the service platform, the Game Studio org, and game developers. The PGM Lead will work with all teams to distill requirements and dependencies between the game slate, game developers, platform, and game service as well as crystalizing the developer-facing platform requirements for the service. With deep technical understanding, the role will coordinate and drive alignment of strategic goals and requirements across game studios, platform engineering, and Netflix as a whole, articulating an overall plan for multiple stakeholders to successfully launch new game experiences.
• Deeply understand game development for our new service platform, articulating requirements for developers
• Define clear approaches to complex technical problems, debate technical approaches between hardware and software development, simplifying scope to manageable components for multiple stakeholders
• Track development progress across multiple games in various stages of development, identifying risks and driving for solutions to deploy the games on our emerging service
• Build productive and open relationships with the game teams, product and engineering teams, driving collaboration
• Partner with Program Management and Launch Operations teams to support successful Publishing of games
• 10 years of experience in technical program management, technical direction in game development, or product management for interactive software
• Deep understanding of game development, preferably on multiple platforms (ex. Consoles, PC, mobile)
• Experience working with new hardware technologies, preferably game platforms such as new console launches
• Experience managing cross functional groups through influence
• Continuously looking for ways to improve and iterate on existing framework, or building anew for best results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for video games, innovations in software and how they enrich the player experience
Location: SF Bay Area
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $50,000 - $600,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.