Production Workflow Technologist
Full Time Job
The Netflix experience is available across a wide variety of devices such as Smart TVs, set top boxes, game consoles, and mobile phones. Netflix's growth has been propelled by strong partnerships with many of the world's leading telcos and consumer electronics companies. As we continue to push for growth in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, we are looking for a Production Workflow Technologist to join the Creative Technology team supporting local productions across Southeast Asia.
Optimizing content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency across all types of projects presents significant challenges, but that's what the Creative Technologies team does by setting technical requirements and best practices, driving new industry standards, consulting on the studio's technical infrastructure, providing direct support to Netflix productions and staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology. Our engineers are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, storage, video, audio... Every day, we collaborate with the crews as well as our internal production, post-production, distribution, marketing, facilities and development teams.
As Netflix expands programming in South East Asia, we are scaling the team in the region to support the production technology needs of diverse creative teams while continuing to foster industry-wide change.
The Production Workflow Technologist aims to provide technical guidance based on Netflix specifications and best practices, in order to support the creative filmmaking process and achieve the highest quality content for our consumers. From on-set through final delivery, our team advises and consults with productions, including crews as well as internal and external post production teams. We not only offer expertise but we research and explore opportunities for innovation in key areas of motion picture production and post-production - cameras, data management, image science, dailies, editorial, vfx, color grading, deliverables, archival, and more!
As part of the Production Workflow team, you will:
• Provide technical guidance to Netflix productions.
• Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix technical specifications and production best practices.
• Participate in industry outreach and education and be an advocate for innovation in creative technologies.
• Report local production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Contribute towards documentation and other resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Advise local vendors in preparing to service Netflix Originals productions.
• Maintain currency on production and post production tools, technology and software.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• Represent the Netflix Production Technology team at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc.
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• Minimum of 5-years of film/TV production or post-production experience.
• Extensive understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows with an ability to quickly analyze and reconcile external operations against those of Netflix.
• Understanding of common industry tools and local production practices..
• Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Ability to work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to communicate and interact on a global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
• Knowledge of industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of technology solutions manufacturers, equipment and service vendors across the production landscape.
• Fluency in both verbal and written communication in English and Thai required.