Production Workflow Technologist
Full Time Job
• Minimum of 5-years of film/TV live-action post-production experience. Production or post-production experience in anime is a plus
• Extensive understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows with an ability to quickly analyze and reconcile external operations against those of Netflix.
• Understanding of common industry tools and local production practices across Japan.
• Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Ability to communicate and interact on a Global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
• Awareness of industry technology standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across production and post.
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• Ability to translate technical jargon in simplified terms.
• A passion for sound and moving image.
• Ability to adapt, learn and proactively research new workflows and technology in a rapidly evolving industry
• Experience as a technical advisor or solutions architect for technology-based infrastructure is a plus.
• Fluent Japanese speaker, proficiency in English
As part of the Production Workflows team, you will:
• Evaluate technical workflows and provide guidance for Netflix Originals productions.
• Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix Originals specifications.
• Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Report local production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Contribute towards documentation and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Evaluate and advise local vendors in preparing to service Netflix Originals productions.
• Work cross functionally with various teams inside Netflix in the capacity of technical advisor and solutions architect.
• Participate in commissioning and maintenance of technical equipment and creative tools.
• Maintain currency on production and post production tools and software.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• Represent the Netflix Creative Technologies group at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.