Production Workflow Specialist
This was removed by the employer on 7/30/2021 5:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Production Workflow Specialist jobs in Amsterdam-NH
Search all Production Workflow Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Workflow Specialist?
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
Across all types of projects, Netflix strives to optimize content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision. The Creative Technologies team shepherds this effort by setting our studio standards, defining best practices and aiding our productions to adapt and adhere to them.
Within the Creative Technologies team, the Production Workflows Specialists aim to provide technical guidance based on Netflix specifications and best practices, in order to achieve the highest quality end-to-end imaging and sound pipeline on Netflix Original content. We offer direct support to the productions through consulting DOP's, DIT's, Colorists, Post Production Supervisors and others.
By staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology, our specialists offer expertise in key areas of motion picture production and post-production - cameras, sound, data management, imaging, dailies, editorial, HDR color correction, color management, deliverables, archival, virtual production and more!
As part of the Production Workflows team, you will:
• Provide technical support to Netflix Original productions through workflows calls, visits to camera tests and/or vendors and ongoing consultancy throughout the lifecycle of the production.
• Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix's technical specifications and production best practices.
• Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix specifications.
• Explore, analyze and document global production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Devise and carry-out strategies to achieve our global goals.
• Contribute to blogs, documentation and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Evaluate vendors for readiness to service Netflix Original productions where it comes to data management, imaging, Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos workflows.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• Represent the Netflix Production Workflows team at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc.
• Minimum of 5-years experience on high-end scripted fiction productions, either in technical on-set or post-production roles.
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• An ability to translate technical jargon into layman terms.
• Extensive understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows with an ability to quickly analyze and reconcile external operations against those of Netflix.
• Understanding of common industry tools and production practices.
• Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Ability to communicate and interact on a Global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
• Knowledge of industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across post and production.
• Willingness to travel frequently across the EMEA region for vendor visits, kick-off meetings and troubleshooting.
• A passion for sound and the moving image.
• Experience with productions using virtual production practices is a plus.