Production Technology Specialist - APAC
Full Time Job
Production Technology Specialist - APAC (Mumbai)
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
Across all types of projects, Netflix strives to optimize content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision. As part of the Netflix Post Operations team, Production Technology Specialists aim to provide technical guidance based on Netflix specifications and best practices, in order to achieve the highest quality end-to-end imaging and sound pipeline. From on-set through final delivery, we offer direct support to productions, including crews as well as internal and external post production teams.
By staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology, our specialists offer expertise in key areas of motion picture production and post-production - cameras, sound, data management, image science, dailies, editorial, color correction, deliverables, archival, and more!
As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world, we are scaling to support productions globally by hiring Specialists in specific international regions.
As part of the Production Technology Support team, you will:
• Provide technical support to Netflix Originals productions.
• Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix Originals specifications.
• Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Report local production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Contribute towards documentation and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Support local vendors in preparing to service Netflix Originals productions.
• Maintain currency on production and post production tools and software.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• Represent the Netflix Production Technology team at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc.
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• An ability to translate technical jargon into layman terms.
• Minimum of 5-years of film/TV post-production experience.
• Extensive understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows with an ability to quickly analyze and reconcile external operations against those of Netflix.
• Understanding of common industry tools and local production practices across APAC.
• Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Ability to develop long-standing relationships with post-production operational teams.
• Ability to communicate and interact on a Global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
• Knowledge of industry standards in and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across post and production.
• A passion for sound and the moving image.
• Fluent English speaker, proficiency in Hindi