Production Service Technician
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Be an integral part of Netflix bringing delight to viewers and help transform the way content is created and distributed. The Creative Technologies and Infrastructure team is responsible for building and supporting world-class creative production environments at Netflix owned and leased production facilities worldwide. Our core philosophy is people over process. More specifically, we have great people working together as a dream team. With this approach, we are a more flexible, fun, stimulating, creative, and successful organization. Take a look at our culture deck. If the culture and position resonate, we would love to speak.
We are looking for a Production Service Technician, based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters, to join the Netflix Creative Technologies and Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for the effective design, implementation, and support of production ready systems and infrastructure at facilities around the world. As our software specialist you will be our go to person for software support, workflow advice, and deep knowledge of our production software. You will be our first line of support and work closely with our artists, production staff, 3rd party partners, and external software vendors on support, designs, solutions, and implementations. You will bridge knowledge gaps between teams, proactively identify inefficiencies and improvements, and develop solutions.
• Provide in depth specialized knowledge of our creative software applications including those provided by Autodesk. The Foundry, Adobe, Pixologic, and other commercially available software used in the production of motion pictures
• Liaise with commercial software vendors and our internal production team to advocate for software enhancements and drive adoption of new technologies
Knowledge, and Qualifications
• Deep technical and working knowledge of creative software applications including the Adobe Suite, Autodesk Maya [Mel and Python], Toonboom Storyboard Pro, The Foundry's Flix and Nuke, and Avid's Media Composer and Pro Tools
• 5 years working in production for the media and entertainment industry
• Ability to work with Artists to understand their issues and proactively recommend solutions and workflow modifications
• The ability to elucidate software bugs, organize support requests, and close the loop on remediations is integral to the position
• Deep technical and working knowledge in the aforementioned software lines
• A self starter with clear communication and follow through
• Technical / Engineering connections with DCC's used in the creation of motion pictures